• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you cooked in your MKT?

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So far it has been breakfast of eggs, bacon and hash browns. Still trying to figure out the best way to make toast (suggestions anyone?). Also cooked pizzas in the M59's too.

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have cooked the following:
- maiden run was some breakfast foods on the griddle
In the years since then:
- rendered down about 100 pounds of apples in the large pots for apple butter/ jellies (we have alot of apples at the LZ in Nebraska)
- cooked full racks of ribs in the field ranges-- In all fairness, we lifted the ranges out of the mkt and put them on the ground when we did that, but technically it was still cooked on mkt equipment. Also, I helped Scrounger prep ribs at the Aberdeen rally for the last few years, but that was an MFK, not an MKT (though they are very close)
-cooked lemon peppered steaks on a bed of onions-- did it first on Scronger's MFK griddle at the Aberdeen rally, but since then, also did it on my MKT griddle.
-did concessions for an airshow in Norfolk NE where we did griddle made breakfast sandwiches for the mornings followed by burgers and hotdogs for lunch-- also had a station setup for nachos (used some of the skinny mermite can inserts in the rack atop one of the field ranges to hold cheese, chili, and kraut to keep them warm).
-almost every 4th of July, we have a party here and I do all the burgers on the MKT griddle (though again, I usually pull it out and set it on the ground)
-since I have joined fire/rescue here, we use it for the annual pancake feeds-- pancakes, sausages, eggs, and bacon for hundreds of people.
-tried a pre-made roll of toll house cookies in the range (well half a roll-- alot of us like cookie dough)
-cheese steaks-- peppers/onions on one side of the griddle top, shaved beef on the other side-- toasted the rolls in the upper compartment of a field range
-bulk pasta-- those jumbo pots sure are nice
-prepared bulk breakfast sandwiches several times for events when I worked for one of the Native American Tribes here-- sandwich made as follows: butter two slices of bread, lay on griddle until golden brown then put aside; cook egg on griddle top until over easy/non-runny, lay slice of cheese on top to melt lightly; cook up bacon or sausage or both; layer meat, egg with cheese on bread, drizzle on a little honey, cap with other slice of bread, and enjoy.

Z

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We've done fried chicken on the MKT, but the usual fare at the GA Rally breakfast was bacon, eggs (usually scrambled), biscuits and gravy, with pancakes and French Toast in request. Lunch was normally sandwiches with a chip pack and a cookie pack. Supper was Chicken Bog on Wednesday night, Chili-Mac on Thursday, Pulled Pork on Friday and steaks on Saturday. And the usual sides to go with them. Drinks and condiments were available in the mess tent.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We've done fried chicken on the MKT, but the usual fare at the GA Rally breakfast was bacon, eggs (usually scrambled), biscuits and gravy, with pancakes and French Toast in request. Lunch was normally sandwiches with a chip pack and a cookie pack. Supper was Chicken Bog on Wednesday night, Chili-Mac on Thursday, Pulled Pork on Friday and steaks on Saturday. And the usual sides to go with them. Drinks and condiments were available in the mess tent.
There was some good food that came out of the MKT at the GA Rally!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We've used a couple of MKT's at events for many years, one was Mkcoen's, the other is jeepJeep's (but lives at my place). "We" being LoneStar-MVPA, our local Central Texas truck club.

Morning chow is usually breakfast tacos (eggs, sausage, bacon and potatoes rolled in flour tortillas).
Lunch is usually burgers and/or hotdogs
Dinner can be just about anything from stew to brisket to fajitas to chili to ???
(And no, you don't put beans in chili).
If you are a vegetarian, you'll have to bring your own chow, everything we cook has critters in it. ;)

I bow respectfully to Mkcoen and jeepJeep, and a couple of folks who aren't on SS, for their cooking prowess and willingness to feed me. Food always seems to taste better when cooked and eaten in the field. (y)

I do NOT like cooking, but I'm glad to help set up/take down and clean the MKT.
I also provide the generator, and either me or Reloader64 will tow it to the events.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks