• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 10 ton this week?

fasttruck

Reference post 39: If you are only using the left fuel tank I hope someone moved the return line over from the right tank. As built a M 123 feeds from the left tank and returns to the right tank which prevents one from closing the valve on the crossover line so you would only have to fill the left tank at the end of the day. This trick works on M911s which feed and return to the same tank but not on a M123.

fasttruck

As to front driveshafts, there was a maintenance bulletin requiring them to be removed unless the vehicle was being used exclusively off road. I believe this is because with the driveshaft in you would damage the bevel gear sets in the steering knuckles. Ours were stored on the pioneer rack next to the spare tire.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reference post 39: If you are only using the left fuel tank I hope someone moved the return line over from the right tank. As built a M 123 feeds from the left tank and returns to the right tank which prevents one from closing the valve on the crossover line so you would only have to fill the left tank at the end of the day. This trick works on M911s which feed and return to the same tank but not on a M123.
Yes, Supply and return are re routed to the drivers side tank only. Pas side is drained, capped off and the cap tight. Also stenciled on the tank a warning to NOT use that tank.

fasttruck

If the right tank doesn't leak, it can be made into a handy hydraulic reservoir if you need to work either a dump trailer or RGN trailer with your tractor.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the right tank doesn't leak, it can be made into a handy hydraulic reservoir if you need to work either a dump trailer or RGN trailer with your tractor.

Unfortunately, it will never be worked, It does get moved from time to time, but nothing more than a trip or two around tank row or to and from the shop area.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Annnd, I forgot to get pictures last Saturday. Be back there Wednesday.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Though technically a 20 ton, it fit better here than the 5 ton thread. Did the main coat and am planning on finishing up this old gal' today. Engine is a 08' rebuild Big Cam III and she was an Arizona truck so minimal rust. I'm jealous of how easy this engine turns over and idles it's just so smooth.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Though technically a 20 ton, it fit better here than the 5 ton thread. Did the main coat and am planning on finishing up this old gal' today. Engine is a 08' rebuild Big Cam III and she was an Arizona truck so minimal rust. I'm jealous of how easy this engine turns over and idles it's just so smooth.
Wow! Really Nice...

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks