• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Jon Giovani

Specs as follows...
Class 3 receiver hitch, it will fail before the mounting brackets I fabricated out of 3/8 American steel and mounted with grade 8 hardware will.
Added bonus, the way I designed it, we did not have to drill a single hole in the truck or frame.

Another Ahab

Don't catch one of your new LED tail lights with brake cleaner while attempting to kill a wasp nest in the tail light hole either. You'll hear about 200 pops and cracks for the next 10 seconds then it'll look like somebody took after it with a hammer. This will unleash a rage inside of you never witnessed before by humans and cause multiple things to get damaged from other items being hurled haphazardly. Your only reward will be the few dead wasps on the ground. You'll stare at them distantly and yell....MAMA WHY?!

But I digress...although I do feel your pain.
With my luck, it would have been ALL of that:

- And I would have gotten stung by a couple of the d*** wasps too. :mrgreen:

infidel got me

Checked my abs ecu and the wrong end came loose, so I spent the next hour or so lining all the pins back into the hard shell connector. I finally got the piece of s77t back together, and no green connector to be found. So, my next purchase is a ecu.

JohnnyBM931A2

Finished mounting my new muffler today, after painting the muffler mounting frame with the green Behr paint. I had a heck of a time with the lower clamp.. Stripped the flats on the head of the bolt and slammed my hand against the toolbox :( Also knocked some paint off of the diamond plate when the ratchet hit it, so I had to touch that up. I figured that maybe the threads were messed up inside the nut, and I was right. I grabbed the bolt from the other clamp and it went in without issue. So I will need to stop by Home Depot after work tomorrow and find a new bolt/nut for the clamp that holds the top pipe on. Kinda happy this project is almost done :)

I was a little pissed earlier.. The new clamps that I ordered off of eBay are NOT for an M939 series truck. I painted them after I received them, and I just tried to fit them on today.. Completely the wrong size. Diameter was maybe 3/4" smaller than it needed to be. Might be for a deuce or something? Of course I can't send them back because I painted them aua

Another Ahab

Checked my abs ecu and the wrong end came loose, so I spent the next hour or so lining all the pins back into the hard shell connector. I finally got the piece of s77t back together, and no green connector to be found. So, my next purchase is a ecu.
I was a little pissed earlier.. The new clamps that I ordered off of eBay are NOT for an M939 series truck. I painted them after I received them, and I just tried to fit them on today.. Completely the wrong size. Diameter was maybe 3/4" smaller than it needed to be. Might be for a deuce or something? Of course I can't send them back because I painted them
Neither of you thought that was funny, but the MV gods got a good laugh. :mrgreen:

Don't feel singled out; they plan it this way for all of us (it's just that you never know when your turn is coming up).

gottaluvit

I was a little pissed earlier.. The new clamps that I ordered off of eBay are NOT for an M939 series truck. I painted them after I received them, and I just tried to fit them on today.. Completely the wrong size. Diameter was maybe 3/4" smaller than it needed to be. Might be for a deuce or something? Of course I can't send them back because I painted them aua
I just went through a very similar scenerio with a set of the "certified dirty idle" stickers. They had no bar code on them and that kind of took away from them looking authentic. Sad part is I didnt notice until after putting them on the truck. I knew better, again!

74M35A2

I just bought one also, mine self-destructed from shutting down the "wrong" switch first. What a BS design. I'll be installing some type of over-voltage protection so it doesn't happen again. This goes on the same fabulous list as the low-reverse deal. Something should not be able to break itself.

infidel got me

I just bought one also, mine self-destructed from shutting down the "wrong" switch first. What a BS design. I'll be installing some type of over-voltage protection so it doesn't happen again. This goes on the same fabulous list as the low-reverse deal. Something should not be able to break itself.
Yes, you would think that with as much redundant things that are incorporated into these trucks that the engineers would have had a better failsafe than, hit the wrong switch now you need a new one. Well, the bendix/haladex chimney is still smoking.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello peacemkr, and all troopers in the south Florida area, what is happening form Vets day?...It may be that Mike, of Project 425 ( the man with the helicopter ) is hosting something...I will keep you all posted...WHATASDEUCE

Attachments

infidel got me

Power washed the old girl for about 3 hours today, getting ready to paint again for veterans day parade Saturday. This is the last time I use behr paint, peels off fairly easy if you hold wand in one area while trying to remove dirt. I guess house paint should stay on houses.

Another Ahab

Power washed the old girl for about 3 hours today, getting ready to paint again for veterans day parade Saturday. This is the last time I use behr paint, peels off fairly easy if you hold wand in one area while trying to remove dirt. I guess house paint should stay on houses.
The paint doesn't "know" whether it's on a:

- House, or a Truck

It shouldn't make any difference.

Maybe the prep or the cure-time is at issue. Does either one should like it might be the culprit?

infidel got me

Paints been on the truck for a year and I have power washed it before. It stayed on the body panels, but the paint is really flimsy around axles and shackels, basically the undercarriage. I purple powered everything prior to paint, cause you cant sand all that many parts. We have black inky mud down here and it stains the paint where nothing will clean it off. I had good luck with it staying on the rest of the truck, but it did fade a lot on hood roof and top of fenders. Idk maybe you guys have a better way? I'm open to suggestions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks