• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

dragonman

WOW. Makes my 16.00's look tiny! Those should float nicely on soft ground and sand, even under a 22000lb truck. What are you using her for?
Yes they make 16.0020s look small. Thats what I was thinking the front axle has so much more weight than the rears. So far pulled my two wagons loaded with corn to town 1000 bushels, pulled large round bales of hay from the field on a HEMAT trailer.

Ragnarok

That does look pretty awesome on the front end, would love to see pics of it with the corn trailer (I'm a sucker for farm life) but seriously seems like a great upgrade to support that hunk of iron under the hood. Does it effect steering in a noticeable way?

Makincold

On my M818...
Replaced the brass nipple that comes out of the top of the radiator, must have been cracked for a while, had smelt some coolant and couldn't find a leak. Now I have to find the part of the TM that rells me how to ad and check coolant and bleed the air.... Like a radiator cap would have been to much trouble :D

Also put the new boot on the drivers side front axle
After that.... I laid awake dreaming of he things I would do to the guy that invented this rubber boot idea... He is not a person I think favorably of...
Wishing there was simply a better solution to this problem...

Attachments

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Kevlar impregnated with rubber boot would not tear anywheres near as easy and Kevlar is cheap today. You could probably cut up an old vest and attach a piece to one side of the boot with some type of vulcanizing agent.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my M818...
Replaced the brass nipple that comes out of the top of the radiator, must have been cracked for a while, had smelt some coolant and couldn't find a leak. Now I have to find the part of the TM that rells me how to ad and check coolant and bleed the air.... Like a radiator cap would have been to much trouble :D

Also put the new boot on the drivers side front axle
After that.... I laid awake dreaming of he things I would do to the guy that invented this rubber boot idea... He is not a person I think favorably of...
Wishing there was simply a better solution to this problem...

The radiator cap is on the coolant bottle isn't it? It will bleed itself I believe, just make sure to monitor the level in the recovery tank.

Makincold

Yes, radiator cap is on the coolant tank, I was being sarcastic :)
Funny thing is I have been monitoring it and it had coolant in it, lo and behold the nipple was cracked and the radiator was low, still learning my truck is all

The radiator cap is on the coolant bottle isn't it? It will bleed itself I believe, just make sure to monitor the level in the recovery tank.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, radiator cap is on the coolant tank, I was being sarcastic :)
Funny thing is I have been monitoring it and it had coolant in it, lo and behold the nipple was cracked and the radiator was low, still learning my truck is all

Oops sorry. :)
I did learn that the tank is a great sediment trap since the the hoses are not at the bottom and when I flushed my coolant system, that was the worst place for nasty redish sludge. Unhook the hoses and run a garden hose and I am sure you will probably find some stuff..........

parcola1

painted the grille, bumper and cargo cover

1990 M923a2

Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again....Ronald Reagan

Last edited:

dochowz

The day the truck arrived...painted underside (Behr exterior, of course). Removed nasty insulation and wasp nests...dynamat + carpet on back wall...IMG_0020.jpgIMG_0038.jpgIMG_0047.jpgIMG_0095.jpg

dochowz

IMG_0115.jpgIMG_0117.jpgIMG_0118.jpgIMG_0121.jpgIMG_0123.jpgIMG_0153.jpgHad the local stereo shop make me some simple speaker enclosures. Threw in the powered sub behind the passenger seat. It sounds pretty darned good!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks