• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

ke5eua

This week I finally put the new boot, and seal on the drivers front. Finishing up the passenger today and tomorrow.

Had to order new set of bearings and tie rod ends.

Got longer studs in and next week I start on the rears.

So much fun.

USMC4302

Finally got tired of climbing up to rig a tarp on the 817 and got a Donovan 2000-series manual pull style tarping system. Working great! 4 bolts and it comes right back off if I want to rig the bows and troop carrying tarp. The rope hardware stays, though -- but it doesn't seem to be in the way of anything.

tarp-1.jpgtarp-2.jpgtarp-3.jpgtarp-4.jpgtarp-5.jpg

I started mounting some rear fenders on my M52a2 I picked these up a few years ago they looked ok . I found out there is nothing square or level about them .I made my mounts square to the frame on the truck and ajusted the fender to fit . My fuel pump quit in my pole truck so I had to switch to the back up tank .

Attachments

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed my newly modified licence plate bracket. I used the existing plate holder cutting off the extension material that used to bolt up to old taillight bracket (original orientation in first pic). I changed to a vertical format in order to bolt it to the back side of the drop side bed recessed taillight pockets. It's fabricated out of 1/4" aluminum.

Tailight-Lic. Plate Relocate 027.jpgDSC_0204.jpgSDC12476.jpgSDC12475.jpg

I installed the front bed to frame mounting springs per the TM...correct springs, grade 8 5/8" bolts and washers and steel expanding lock nuts.
SDC12474.jpg

I fabricated and mounted up two angle iron mudguard brackets to the bed. I had to modified the mudguards due to the far set set back from the original spot. So, in the meantime, I also threw a new coat of paint on them.

Capehenery

Went Camping.

Haven't had the truck long enough to be comfortable to make a 4 hour drive to meet everyone up at Graves mountain this weekend but went camping just the same. Was an awesome time. Wife described it to her friend as having an outdoor kitchen with the bedroom upstairs.:-D Her only request is to put screens over the windows and find a way to make it cooler at night:roll: . It was a hit at the campsite, had several the had to stop and take photos. Need to figure out a 4 passenger seating. if I'm going to go often. For now my kids share a seatbelt but that isn't the best.
20140829_220725611_iOS.jpg'

Capehenery

Note to self!
Standard vacuum air hose is not suitable for replacing the wiper hoses.:cry: When returning from my camping trip my three passengers were all almost asleep when my new wiper hose burst. Its a good thing they had seatbelts on:mrgreen: never seen anyone wake up like that. I'm going to get some braided line today and replace it again. didn't realize there was that much pressure. :doh:

Carlo

Haven't had the truck long enough to be comfortable to make a 4 hour drive to meet everyone up at Graves mountain this weekend but went camping just the same. Was an awesome time. Wife described it to her friend as having an outdoor kitchen with the bedroom upstairs.:-D Her only request is to put screens over the windows and find a way to make it cooler at night:roll: . It was a hit at the campsite, had several the had to stop and take photos. Need to figure out a 4 passenger seating. if I'm going to go often. For now my kids share a seatbelt but that isn't the best.
View attachment 513357'
i like your sprit!

FullSpecial

Finished inverter box, forgot silicone to seal it up. Always next week right? Quick sys check before buttoning up.
All three relays click in. Wait, left and right do not cycle with the flasher, they hold steady. Insert another Turrets
outburst here. Did I mention I have already converted every thing to LEDs? Working theory is they do not eat up
the voltage as fast as incandescent. They also seem to turn on the running light portion while the indicator portion
is flashing. Need more research, anybody else run into this enigma?

Scott88M

My wife is pretty good at using spray paint and wanted to do something nice for me and she spray painted my first units bumper numbers on my M923A2.

B co 702nd MSB 2nd infantry division. The font isn't a 100% match and the colors are slightly off but I love it and it looks 1000% better than the yellowed and dingy looking bumper. She used Rustoleum "camo" spray paint, works well and is relatively inexpensive. She plans on slowly doing the whole truck over for me.
uploadfromtaptalk1409675446593.jpg
Before
uploadfromtaptalk1409675861593.jpg
After

Last edited:

Ford Mechanic

Did a kids birthday party, they did Lazer tag it was a hit.

Anyone know how to upload a pic from your phone if you're not using tap a talk? I can't get to my gallery where the pic is saved.

Alexsha

Started fixing my door windows. Neither side roll up/down easily. Looking inside, the channels on the lift brackets on both windows are a bit bent. The big issue is that the posts that go in those channels are really rusted. Going to have to take out the actuators and see if I can brush off the rust and get the clips fitting again.

I need to save up a bit an buy the weather seal kit from Erik's. I think every seal on my doors and windows is dry-rotted. Lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks