• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Powershift

Started off with fencing on my M931-A2's cut down bed....

Fence.jpg

Swapped out the fencing for a modified set of troop seats......
Seats.JPG

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Andy and I repaired my my non working fuel gage.
Checked the fuel sending unit and it worked.
O ohms empty 30 ohms full .
Found the float full of fuel.
We found a small crack drilled a 1/8 hole at crack and drained fuel.
Cleaned area and used a solder gun to heat it up and applied solder.
It's nice to have a working fuel gauge again.

Jakelc15

My fuel gauges quit working too. One quit then the other a few months later. While I had the deck plates off I pulled one of the senders and found nothing wrong with it. Nothing wrong with the wires to the dash either. It turned it to be the little ground wires on the tanks to the frame. They had broken inside the insulation.

I've been working on adding the turbo this weekend. Merry Christmas to me!

dawico

Dawico, What part number blade did you use? and Yeah a pic or two might be nice :)
It was nothing fancy. I just bought the cheap metal frame 14" blades from Orielly's. I unbolted the little screw that held on the original wiper and slid the new one over the holder and put the bolt back in. It was very simple.

I thought I had a picture but I don't. I will get some up as soon as I get home.

Jon Giovani

Spent the last 4 days reading all 1388 posts and numerous links in this 5 ton thread. Learned several tips and tricks and got several ideas for my own rig. I am impressed with the ingenuity and creativity of the members of this group and their love of the green iron shows. Keep up the good work!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419824606.630213.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1419824657.063219.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1419824683.618549.jpg

Finally finished installing all my new 1600r20 michelin tires on the m925a1. My old 1400's had major flat spots and were all chewed up and it used to ride like a bucking bronco. After the 1600's were put on it rides alot smoother and doesn't buck at all like it used to.

I installed these tires myself along with the help with a couple friends and let me tell you it is not easy. There are a couple of tricks I figured out while doing them and by about the 5th tire I got pretty good at it. Getting the rims to come off is easiest if you pour some ATF around the bead. That helped alot with getting the rims to separate. To get the beadlockers out is easiest with a forklift and a strap. Hook the strap to the rubber ring and just go to town shaking it up and down and it pops out. Going back in with it is easist with long prybars and a big hammer. The rest is pretty easy, just get the larger piece of the rim on the tire and lay it down on a 5 gallon bucket and set the smaller rim piece on and bolt it down.

It was a pain but much better than paying someone else to it!

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
farmallmilitary I know exactly what your talking about installing 1600r20s on HEMTT rims I just did 9 of them for a 920 all I can say is it sure feels good to have that job done!!!! I also have a 925 with 1400s on it and after doing all these 1600s on the 920 I think my 925 looks just fine with the 1400s on it. Without a tractor with a loader the job would have been impossible for me! With that said your 925 looks way to nice with the 1600s on it, and NO NO NO I am not going down that road!!!!
Great job!
KK

dawico

Dawico, What part number blade did you use? and Yeah a pic or two might be nice :)
These are just the cheapest off the shelf metal framed blades I found. I thought I would have to at least buy different bolts but the factory hardware worked fine. I just bent the frames of the wipers a little so they would bolt up properly.

As you can tell hopefully one side is inside the original holder and one is outside. Just tighten the bolt enough to hold it steady. Too tight and the blade won't swivel properly (not like it really needs to on flat glass though). My bolts have lock nuts so they don't have to be tight to stay together.

The screw head is small so it needs to be on the outside of the original holder so it stays in place. Mine would fit through the hole on the wiper frame so it had to go together this way.

It works great and replacement blades are available everywhere.

The fancier plastic framed blades probably won't work though as I did have to bend the metal frames a touch to put it together.

Attachments

Plugugly

I did the mock up for the 14" OPT7 light I got for xmas. Still waiting on the wiring harness and a I ordered a few different fasteners to standardize everything, but I think it's going to work well.
20150101_132749.jpg20150101_132805.jpg

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Coffey1 and I replaced the blowed gasket on my 923A2 compressor that had brought my Dayton recovery to a halt. We finished the trip with the new truck in tow.
It was a bit tricky with the unit still in place, but she works great now.

20150101_114235.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks