• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Plane Fast

Can't remember who it was who coined the brilliant phrase "Hazard Fright" for Harbor Freight here in some thread recently, but he wasn't far off the mark from what you're saying.
Ya. Lately the only thing worth buying is the cut off wheels, and cheap throw away 12,000lb winch. Oh and kids go cart motor. 6 1/2hp for 79.00 out the door.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally put my LED headlights in and LED tail lights as well.

Next is brake fluid remote reservoir and then 24V-to-12V converter and cigarette lighter plug.

No pic of tail. I was slightly off to one side is why they look out of adjustment.

20150405_193627.jpg

Plane Fast

Changed the fuel filters. I had so much junk in the bottom of the canister, it would not drain. I had to pull the spring and seat out. That is a pain to get back in. I had to make a quick tool to get it back together. Tried to make the CTIS operational. No dice.. The system tried it's best to inflate and deflate the tires. Three of the wheel valves are stuck open. The noise was so loud that people four houses down came out to see what all the noise was about!! I've been next to jet engines that were quieter!

Attachments

ke5eua

Changed the fuel filters. I had so much junk in the bottom of the canister, it would not drain. I had to pull the spring and seat out. That is a pain to get back in. I had to make a quick tool to get it back together. Tried to make the CTIS operational. No dice.. The system tried it's best to inflate and deflate the tires. Three of the wheel valves are stuck open. The noise was so loud that people four houses down came out to see what all the noise was about!! I've been next to jet engines that were quieter!
Just tell your neighbors it's the sounds of freedom, lol

I have curious neighbors too.

Moosemcnally

Mine looked like that, but mine were wired opposite of each other so that when one was dim the other was bright!
Finally put my LED headlights in and LED tail lights as well.

Next is brake fluid remote reservoir and then 24V-to-12V converter and cigarette lighter plug.

No pic of tail. I was slightly off to one side is why they look out of adjustment.

View attachment 552753
Mine looked like that, but mine were wired opposite of each other so that when one was dim the other was bright!

Plugugly

Replaced my broken wheel valve today, and the hose that goes to the axle too. It was frustrating but mostly because I didn't park the truck next to the tools and seemed like I took fifty trips to the tool box for a simple job.

dezert ratt

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428813590.910746.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428813601.477165.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428813615.494276.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428813627.628297.jpg
Fired up the m818 today, and ran it around our property to get the oil flowing and stuff since she has been sitting for a while.
My dad was trying to pull down a 100 foot pine tree that is diseased and threatening to fall over on our office (already had the top of it fall and put a hole in the roof). So I hooked up the 5 ton and helped him out.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Umm.. What?

I asked them explicitly about trucks without years listed because I have a 30yr restriction when it comes to collectors vehicles.

Any truck that's not listed by year, you do the research and tell them the year, and they will put that year on an sf97 and Bill ...
I'll chime in and confirm this. I haven't just been told - I've done it without any problems.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lights on the 813 angle slightly to the center so if you aren't dead center taking a pic or looking at them one looks bright because you are seeing it straight on. But they are bright. If they don't last I'm going with H4s.

AMGeneral

Finishing up rebuilding brake system and packing wheel bearings,on that subject,I have a observation I have noticed.

I know the proper location of the cork or rubber seal for the keyway is behind the tab of the wheel seal under the outer wheel bearing,but that being said.........................

Would it not make more sense to place the cork or rubber seal(assuming you are using those) in front of the bearing seal tab under the inner wheel bearing nut so that when you install the outer nut and lock the cork or rubber is compressed between the 2 tabs and effectively sealing the keyway more efficiently?

Just an observation I have noticed,I have done all of my trucks recently this way and it seems to work more effictively that the way the TM calls for.

Just my 2 cents.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks