• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

MtnSnow

I have Fumoto drain plugs on both of my beasts and it makes oil changes so easy and clean. I get the plugs with the hose nipple and I can slip a piece of hose on and straight into a gallon jug or 5 gallon pail that I saved from a prior service.

General Hood

Purchased paint from HD that best matches the 383 CARC. The plan is to repaint the cab interior of the M923A2. I spent a little time this afternoon removing seats and cleaning surfaces. Taping off the glass on the gauges looks like it will be a true PIA, I will gladly accept advice on any preferred method.

I will put together a progress thread with photos as time allows

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blew up the truck. Well, in a rush I accidently let the battery terminal drop on the wrong battery lug. Big spark, now no power. Would one of the firewall mounted circuit breakers blow first or would it be the Power Control Box?

archmark

Fumoto Drain Plug For M939/0 & M939/1 Series With The Big Cummins...

Do you know if this is the same one for the big Cummins in the M939/0 & M939/1 series trucks or do they take a different size and do you install just one on the main drain plug or two for installation front and back on the Deuce?

Thanks...

Mark

Fumotos are the best. Here's the exact match for the NHC250 (has the nipple for attaching a piece of tubing to make draining oil even more neat and clean)...
http://fumotousa.com/parts.php?partname=T203N&partnumber=71

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know if this is the same one for the big Cummins in the M939/0 & M939/1 series trucks or do they take a different size and do you install just one on the main drain plug or two for installation front and back on the Deuce?

Thanks...

Mark
Yes the part number in the link will fit the NHC250 in both M939 and M939A1 trucks. That engine only needs one installed.
New stuff 011.jpg

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fixed some damaged air lines.
Changed air dryer
Put headlights in
Installed low air alarm
Installed flasher
Installed turn signals lever
Changed alternator
That was today
May get more done tomorrow.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turned truck around to change front right wheel seals.
Got all tools together and jacked up front end.
Brushed up against bush at corner of house and got hit by 3 wasps.
Lowered truck, turned it back around and ripped up bush I didn't like anyways.
Packed up tools and called it a day...

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lol swamp those pesky Bush's can be a pain.
I would have run over said bush several times to be sure it's dead.

battlecat

I cut the old rotted metal out of the battery box complete floor and 1/3 of each side wall.. Fabbed up some bed rails for the bottom and welded them in. Patched the sides added two bed rails welded to the floor to raise the batteries. I then used left over bed rails for the Pulse Tech fuse block mount. I know it's not pretty but its solid. Now all I have to do is finish off the battery hold down system I came up with and hope fully show it off soon.

New Image 8.jpgNew Image 12.jpgNew Image 11.jpgNew Image 12.jpg

I know the welding doesn't look great but hey I'm working on the ground. I was able to flip it over and stand on it so I guess it should hold. I'm going to reuse the 1 by plywood cut down as battery spacers and use some 1' plate for the battery hold down straps, I figured using the old J hooks will make it all happen.

New Imagex10.jpg

Capehenery

Made some cribbing blocks out of some leftover engineered material from the construction site and sealed it with clear polly.
Installed some rubber matting to keep this dry in the tool boxes. $22 at Lowes did both boxes
.20150718_001415677_iOS.jpg20150718_192923857_iOS.jpg20150718_192932314_iOS.jpg20150718_193413698_iOS.jpg20150718_194054983_iOS.jpg

therooster2001

Wow great idea! I cleaned up a rusty chain that I recovered that would have benefitted by that earlier in its life. It also probably sound dampens.

I changed the oil, oil filter and the fuel filter. Date on oil filter was '08 (manufactured) Yuck. Everything was clean though, no crap or rust. First change since rescue.

Lost to a cotter pin.

Another Ahab

Installed some rubber matting to keep this dry in the tool boxes. $22 at Lowes did both boxes
.View attachment 570963View attachment 570965
That matting is a slick idea!
Wow great idea! I cleaned up a rusty chain that I recovered that would have benefitted by that earlier in its life. It also probably sound dampens.
Agreed. I need to check the stuff out next time I'm at a Lowe's. Thank you for the post. [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks