• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Another Ahab

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Gemplar's also carries something similar.

Here's a link http://www.gemplers.com/product/55MSK/45-piece-6-Brass-Stencil-Kit
Wow, that is some expensive stencils. They are cool and I like how they interlock and are reusable but........Ill try it with my wifes crickit machine.
Whoa, you're right ($155). :shock: That's a lot. I didn't even notice that, just looked it up and threw on the link.

For what it's worth, those are solid brass, and interlocking; so it's like a lifetime product. But if you just need a one-off stencil, yeah get something made from heavy stock paper like from a school supplies store (Target, Walmart, the rest).

Plugugly

Today, I found out I left the battery switch on last time I drove my truck. :(

Despite all assurances I could charge my batteries hooked together using a 12v charger as long as I hooked it to a single battery, 2 of my batteries were too dead and "flopped" polarity. At least that is what my smart charger thought when I tried to to charge them. So I had to disconnect them all, then parallel the flopped ones to a motorcycle battery and convince the charger to apply the juice. Now they are all taking a charge, still separately, from two Optimate chargers, one Noco charger, and a regular Schumacher charger.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turned a non-runner into a runner. Had an 06 RRAD rebuild M923A2 with 41 miles since rebuild and it ran like crap, lots of white smoke but new IP. Turns out the timing was 360 off and now it runs like a beast, even turned the fuel up a little. Saved another one.:jumpin:

Piper Cub

Whoa, you're right ($155). :shock: That's a lot. I didn't even notice that, just looked it up and threw on the link.

For what it's worth, those are solid brass, and interlocking; so it's like a lifetime product. But if you just need a one-off stencil, yeah get something made from heavy stock paper like from a school supplies store (Target, Walmart, the rest).
Those are massive 6" stencils. I think the markings on the trucks are 2 inch? Here's some two inch ones http://www.gemplers.com/product/45MSK/45-piece-2-Brass-Stencil-Kit . $44, which isn't a bad price if you use them a lot.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good.
I know I don't want to do a complete paint change again.
It's rough I am still finding tan spots to touch up.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, that is some expensive stencils. They are cool and I like how they interlock and are reusable but........Ill try it with my wifes crickit machine.
These show up on GL every now and then. It's a sign kit that comes with the interlocking brasses in 3 sizes to include numbers and punctuation, the wax boards and tins. Also comes with brushes, paint and other random things. The stencils will come in handy when I paint the truck but I mainly bought it for the cool box. Keep your eyes open and you might run across one.

20150811_204311.jpg

20150811_204617.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I put a new turn signal switch and brake pressure switch on. As well as bought a nice anti theft chain. I don't think my F-350 is a big enough road block if they really want to take it. Filters and Fluids next week.

jester3798

well I started working on the new 934 and this week I have:

replaced the right hand front tire and wheel valve assembly.
installed a new alternator
removed the coolant reservoir tank and cleaned scale and rust
prepped and painted left and right windshields for replacement
serviced the engine fluids and filters
painted and installed cb antennae
painted overhead console (not installed yet)
installed light bar brackets

sed6

Hey sed6, Where do you get those stencil letters, Ive been looking for some for a while.

Goobs
Amazon has them or find them at a craft store or in the paint section of most hardware stores.

Got my super single stuffed in behind the cab. Had to remove the bracing for the davit and loosen the air intake to get it in but she fits. The intake bolts back into the same location but will need to be loosened to remove it.

Attachments

machinist75

Amazon has them or find them at a craft store or in the paint section of most hardware stores.

Got my super single stuffed in behind the cab. Had to remove the bracing for the davit and loosen the air intake to get it in but she fits. The intake bolts back into the same location but will need to be loosened to remove it.
my truck has the same problem but I have the convoy light poles bolted to the back of the cab. Do you thing the tire will fit with the poles back there?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks