• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a commercial air ride seat, International from 2013 that I picked up at an auction a couple weeks ago. Still need to plumb it into the airline.

WP_20150913_004.jpg
Still need to plumb the airline.

Found this when swapping seats.
WP_20150912_002.jpg
So the work took a bit longer and grew in scope.

JohnnyBM931A2

Installed a commercial air ride seat, International from 2013 that I picked up at an auction a couple weeks ago. Still need to plumb it into the airline.

View attachment 581332
Still need to plumb the airline.

Found this when swapping seats.
View attachment 581333
So the work took a bit longer and grew in scope.
Is it just the angle, or is there very little clearance between your legs and the steering wheel? Any closer and it looks like you would be lacking in proper man-part clearance :p

Last edited:

JohnnyBM931A2

FINALLY painted my passenger side door, which I replaced last month. It was a slightly different shade of green (lighter) and it was driving me crazy. Also Teflon-taped, primed, and painted the new air tank that I am installing on the truck. Seems like I did about 3,000 coats, but it looks very nice, especially since it was painted by hand. Now I just need to wait for my Milton 1/2" air line fittings to arrive, and I can get the tank mounted up. And since it stayed nice all day, I also went around the truck and touched up various areas that were not fully coated when it was repainted. After all that was done, I finally put my triangle kit, extinguisher, reflective vest, and first aid kit into the truck. Overall it was a very productive day :)

nextahumvee

M923A2: Well lets see. Installed 4 new 6LT batteries, I replaced the generator, installed my new cargo cover, I repaired an air leak under the dash, repaired an air leak at the left wiper motor, repaired two marker lights that weren't grounding, repaired a short in the transmission control by replacing a bad transorb diode coupling assy. on the 585 circuit, repaired the switch button on the transfer case shift lever and replaced the left headlight. Disconnected the CTIS for now and beginning to work on the ABS system.

Last edited:

Rmtaunton

M923A2: Well lets see. Installed 4 new 6LT batteries, I replaced the generator, installed my new cargo cover, I repaired an air leak under the dash, repaired an air leak at the left wiper motor, repaired two marker lights that weren't grounding, repaired a short in the transmission control by replacing a bad transorb diode coupling assy. on the 585 circuit, repaired the switch button on the transfer case shift lever and replaced the left headlight. Disconnected the CTIS for now and beginning to work on the ABS system.

All of that work and this is your first post and new here , looks like you found the search tool on here!! congrats and welcome !

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it just the angle, or is there very little clearance between your legs and the steering wheel? Any closer and it looks like you would be lacking in proper man-part clearance :p
Put a couple hundred pounds in the seat and it sinks a lot. But yeah, getting in when it's air'd up is a exercise in shuffle.

NovacaineFix

Everything on the truck seems to be in good working order, so I decided to clean the cab area, smells like old truck and other stuff. Not that I don't mind that smell, but wanted to just give it a good, cleaning.

Asked the wife while she was out running errands to pick up some general purpose cleaner, she comes back with Method pomegranate scented cleaner.

Ahhh, okay. Well, let's just say it cleans pretty good, and now the truck has a more pleasant aroma that seems to please the female genders.

Another Ahab

Everything on the truck seems to be in good working order, so I decided to clean the cab area, smells like old truck and other stuff. Not that I don't mind that smell, but wanted to just give it a good, cleaning.

Asked the wife while she was out running errands to pick up some general purpose cleaner, she comes back with Method pomegranate scented cleaner.

Ahhh, okay. Well, let's just say it cleans pretty good, and now the truck has a more pleasant aroma that seems to please the female genders.
The ladies are always trying to make the world a prettier place, God Bless them!:3dAngus:

You might want to get one of those diesel-scented Yankee Candles to put in the glove-box to take a little edge off that pomegranate.

Last edited:

Snowtiger

Changed both fuel filters on my M923A2 what an endurance test, however I did get her running again and dare I say she pulls better up hills. Got a nasty blister on my hand because the rubber button was rotten. I don't suppose anyone knows where you can buy new ones ?. Between the TM's and this site I am getting allot of confidence. Next up install a remote keyed battery switch.
image.jpg

Another Ahab

Got a nasty blister on my hand because the rubber button was rotten. I don't suppose anyone knows where you can buy new ones ?.
Normally I'd say a Parts Store (but they don't carry EVERY kind of spare).

Are you looking to buy:

- New buttons? Or...

- New hands!?

Last edited:

Snowtiger

Both actually lol, I guess I have come to the realization I have gotten soft in my old age. The rubber button would be a great start mind you, I guess I could try buying a new pump then just use the rubber button off that. I am going to look at converting to the spin on filter conversion to avoid this in the future. The more I dig into this unit the more I realize this truck is like new.

74M35A2

New Carter brand lift pump on eBay is $25 and free shipping. They do sell the primer button cover separate, but at that price, I changed my entire pump. Gravy job. Bolt pattern seems almost same as a Chevy 350.

Did you crack open an air bleed after the pump when priming? There is a bleeder screw on the pump (head side toward front, 10mm), but for what you did one could also loosen up the spin on engine mounted fuel filter a few threads. Once you compress air in the line after the pump, not much more will happen, easily anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks