• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

gottaluvit

I moved the modified M927A2 with the "circus wagon" in tow to the warehouse where my movie office is located.

I had a lot of wardrobe items stored in there and I'm getting ready for the GA Rally.

This building is 360,000 square feet divided into four sections. I rent a small office space for now but future plans include taking one whole section (90,000 sq. feet) and converting it into a soundstage with a large green screen.

We shot some of the scenes in the trailer for my movie "Shovelhead" in and around the building. shovelheadmovie.com
How do you have that trailer attached?

Another Ahab

I moved the modified M927A2 with the "circus wagon" in tow to the warehouse where my movie office is located.
I'm just curious, and you kick me immediately to the side of the road if I'm out of line at all, but:

- Before you moved into the space there, what operation was there in the warehouse?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The 5th wheel is behind the M925 dropside bed. I got tired of pulling the trailer with a converter dolly. It's a lot easier to back like that.

There is a large Goodyear Tire plant in Gadsden that has been here since the 20's. Back in the day they would haul tires from the plant to the warehouse and store them prior to shipment. The rear of the building has a rail siding that could load 20 box cars at a time. In those days 5 railroads passed through Gadsden and boxcar loads of tires were shipped out of there daily.

Goodyear sold the warehouse years ago to the guy I rent from. He just sold it and half of it will be used to ship cabinets out of.

Since they will only be using two sections that leaves room for my nefarious schemes

The rail line is "out of service" not but the tracks and switches are still in place and belong to Northfolk Southern.

Myself and fellow SS member Ferroequinologist are looking at putting the rail line back in service to store cars on and maybe bring in shipping containers. All together about 20 miles of track. He already has his own railroad.:drool:

Just another reason we need a railroad thread here.:soapbox:

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I had a lot of wardrobe items stored in there and I'm getting ready for the GA Rally.

This building is 360,000 square feet divided into four sections. I rent a small office space for now but future plans include taking one whole section (90,000 sq. feet) and converting it into a soundstage with a large green screen.

We shot some of the scenes in the trailer for my movie "Shovelhead" in and around the building. shovelheadmovie.com
THAT is truly a ONE OF A KIND VEHICLE... and quite "purpose built." I APPLAUD your conceptualization and execution!!!

The 5th wheel is behind the M925 dropside bed. I got tired of pulling the trailer with a converter dolly. It's a lot easier to back like that.

There is a large Goodyear Tire plant in Gadsden that has been here since the 20's. Back in the day they would haul tires from the plant to the warehouse and store them prior to shipment. The rear of the building has a rail siding that could load 20 box cars at a time. In those days 5 railroads passed through Gadsden and boxcar loads of tires were shipped out of there daily.

Goodyear sold the warehouse years ago to the guy I rent from. He just sold it and half of it will be used to ship cabinets out of.

Since they will only be using two sections that leaves room for my nefarious schemes

The rail line is "out of service" not but the tracks and switches are still in place and belong to Northfolk Southern.

Myself and fellow SS member Ferroequinologist are looking at putting the rail line back in service to store cars on and maybe bring in shipping containers. All together about 20 miles of track. He already has his own railroad.:drool:

Just another reason we need a railroad thread here.:soapbox:
So, in a nutshell (pun intended), what you're tellin' us is that you really ARE "from the other side of the tracks", HUH????

Carry on, WM. Carry on.

74M35A2

I finally installed my "hidden" battery isolation switch, and yes it was purchased from one of my favourite sponsors on this site. As well I installed locking door handles, but darn I failed on the installing the rubber cap thingy, lol. Next up my cooling filter just gathering all the parts now.
View attachment 586145View attachment 586144
I see I'm not the only one who bought the Harbor Freight magnetic cup holder (toolbox section of store). At least you painted yours green, mine is still red.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone was selling them for ~$20 as a tactical cupholder. I LOL'd, then went to HF and bought a couple...
What!? I bought mine from tmg and no doubt paid too much for that green paint job!

Magnetic Spray Can and Screwdriver Holder

Figure in shipping and it's not horrible.
Here's a link to HF and this item....

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=can+screwdriver+holder

As a cup holder, it won't hold a 44 oz mug of coffee..... but smaller bottles and cans will fit.

JohnnyBM931A2

I did... NOTHING to my 5 ton today :sad: Been working 13 or 14 hours every day, and I don't feel like doing anything by the time I get home. However, I did receive my new Hella lenses and Hella H4 bulbs today 8) Can't wait to get them installed. Just waiting for the ceramic-ended wiring adapters, and for a day off of work :drool:

JohnnyBM931A2

Finally primed and bedlined the inside of my second toolbox (the one under the passenger side door.) Once I get some type of rubber mat in there I can finish putting all of my tools in the truck. I was amazed at the amount of stuff I was able to fit in the smaller toolbox mounted behind the cab.. A 1" CP impact gun with extended anvil, 20 ton air-over-hydraulic jack, tire inflator with glad hand attachment, 25' of 1/2" air hose, and a bag with a long length of heavy duty tow chain. In the box I just painted, I will put in 4x4 wood cribbing, a "mechanics" tool kit in plastic case, a heavy duty tow strap, gloves, a good LED flashlight, a zip tie kit, spare 1/2" Milton fittings, teflon tape, and a hose clamp kit. In the cab I have a reflective vest, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, and emergency triangle kit. Can you guys think of anything else I should have in there?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks