• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

JohnnyBM931A2

Actually accomplished quite a bit today.. I wired in an outlet between my 2 garage doors, for use with my block heater. I was going to use the one by the door into the house, but then I would need a 20ft longer cord. That was actually kind of fun.. Been a while since I ran conduit and pulled wire. After that I picked up a heavy duty 12ga Ridgid outdoor extension cord from HD, also for use with the block heater. Bought a reel and put it on a hook near the new outlet. That way the cord is always handy and neatly rolled up. I also bought a weather-resistant plastic outlet box. I'm thinking of mounting it inside the fender, to protect the connection between the block heater and the extension cord in case snow fills up the area above the tire. Also bought some green Rustoleum camo paint to make it match the truck a little better (it's currently gray.)

After that, I finished my headlight swap by installing the one on the drivers side. Right as I started to melt the shrink tube on the connections the cheap $14 Harbor Freight heat gun I bought yesterday (and used for all of 5 minutes) burned out on me! :shock: aua
Luckily HF was still open, so I went there and did an even swap, and was able to get the mod done.

While I was at Harbor Freight, I went ahead and picked up one of the dual spray can holders to use as a cupholder. I will use the Rustoleum camo paint to paint it green 8)

M35A2 KAISER

Today I worked on one of the 923 we picked up from fort riley this week. This truck required either to start and was not very responsive to the accelerator pedal, looking in the tank could not tell condition of fuel but the strainer was a mess with rust, so the assumption was there was water in the tank. We brought everything to tow a truck so we towed with the good running one. So today drained the fuel seperator, nasty came out. But i then could not get the primer to pull fuel, so out came the air hose at very low psi to presure the vent at the top of the intake stack, this worked to remove more fuel from the drain on the seperator untill clean fuel came out. After closing the drain i see a pin hole in the hose about 6" from the pump pissing a stream of fuel. Wrapped a old piece of motorcycle inner tube around hole and covered with a hose clamp as a temp fix. It worked great, truck started right up and ran smooth as well as responsive to throtle input. Was able to move under its own power to a better spot to work on some other items and get a new hose made.

Last edited:

M35A2 KAISER

Today I worked on one of the 923 we picked up from fort riley this week. This truck required either to start and was not very responsive to the accelerator pedal, looking in the tank could not tell condition of fuel but the strainer was a mess with rust, so the assumption was there was water in the tank. We brought everything to tow a truck so we towed with the good running one. So today drained the fuel seperator, nasty came out. But i then could not get the primer to pull fuel, so out came the air hose at very low psi to presure the vent at the top of the intake stack, this worked to remove more fuel from the drain on the seperator untill clean fuel came out. After closing the drain i see a pin hole in the hose about 6" from the pump pissing a stream of fuel. Wrapped a old piece of motorcycle inner tube around hole and covered with a hose clamp as a temp fix. It worked great, truck started right up and ran smooth as well as responsive to throtle input. Was able to move under its own power to a better spot to work on some other items and get a new hose made.

gottaluvit

Don't you just love it when Mr. Murphy don't show up?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks