• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

FXR1969

I flushed all the anti freeze out today, it was pretty bad!!
Kinda looked like good ol GA red clay with a little water, took all day but looking pretty good
hope to wrap it up tomorrow afternoon!!

SUPERSPORT

I am lucky that my neighbors are cool, but I do live on 5 acres, not in a subdivision. It probably helps that I work on their stuff when it breaks down. Try a peace offering or get him hooked on the hobby with an all expense free ride in your 923!:wink: Good job on the broke wire, whereabouts was it rubbed through?
I used to live in the country but am temporarily in the city now. Working on new place back out. 99% of the neighbors go out of their way to tell me how much they love it or to ask where it is when it's gone. People stopping in street or knocking on the door asking about it since they drove past. Everyone taking pictures. Old guy across the street offered me $30 to bring truck home and take him for a ride.

Bad seeds are 2 little old ladies. Non stop trouble with them. There is no fixing that unless I don't slam on the brakes next time one of them runs out in front of me yelling the war is on. LOL.

As for the wire. I tracked it down to loom between dimmer switch and connection that goes through frame to hood side. That loom is big and goes behind frame between engine. It's too cold to try and pull that apart. I just unpluged the old wire and ran my own new wire.

infidel got me

True some of the blue hairs you just cant reach-- hey offer to drive em' to bingo. Don't drive after 6 pm cause they have already ate dinner, taken their teeth out and are ten toes up fast asleep. Just kidding- not trying to upset any of our senior members. Your truck in the neighborhood is probably the highlight of their day!

gottaluvit

Kinda looked like good ol GA red clay with a little water, took all day but looking pretty good
Just wondering, did you see a nasty color in the overflow tank, or was you still seeing the bright green, clean looking, antifreeze up there? The reason I ask is that so many have mentioned that nasty stuff in the cooling system but in the overflow reservoir mine looks so clean. Am I being deceived by gravity?

Csm Davis

Just wondering, did you see a nasty color in the overflow tank, or was you still seeing the bright green, clean looking, antifreeze up there? The reason I ask is that so many have mentioned that nasty stuff in the cooling system but in the overflow reservoir mine looks so clean. Am I being deceived by gravity?
Probably, I have cut up hundreds of these trucks and most 80% had real bad looking crud in the lower parts of the cooling system.

SUPERSPORT

Was that just draining out of the petcock or pulling a hose?

Another Ahab

Gravity never deceives:

- It is dependable and reliably honest

Gravity; it's not just a good idea, it's the law.

gravity.gif

JohnnyBM931A2

Yesterday I took one of my nephews for his first drive in my tractor (it was his birthday.) He loved it :) :driver:

Didn't do anything to the truck today. However, when I came home from the doctor/local FFL dealer, I saw some random teen chick hanging off the side of it. When she saw me coming she jumped into her car and drove off. Thinking maybe she was going to take a picture in there? :shrugs: :confused: Kind of a WTF moment, but that's how life is.. You never know what's going to happen next.

Another Ahab

Didn't do anything to the truck today. However, when I came home from the doctor/local FFL dealer, I saw some random teen chick hanging off the side of it. When she saw me coming she jumped into her car and drove off. Thinking maybe she was going to take a picture in there?
She was definitely going to kidnap you as her sex slave, and hold you for ransom until you purchased her some MV armor to add to her collection:

- Don't be alarmed this kind of thing happens all the time.

my76fj40

Drained and refilled coolant, adjusted upper hose so the fan quits shaving it, replaced a few bolts that were stripped by Uncle Sam's minions, replaced hi-lo beam switch, changed the oil, getting ready for a 1000 mile road trip. Need to air the tires up to hi-way pressures, got flashing LED flares to secure under the bumper in an effort not to get ran over at night (Look pretty good honestly). Got the cover on nice and tight, hoping for the best!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks