• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Gunny65

Changed my 1400r20s out for 395/85r20s. What a pain in the boot. So far they are holding air. I disconnected the Ctis to separate the tires from the system for a few days. That way I know for sure if the tires are holding air on their own or not.

I found a bad air brake hose, passenger far rear axle. It looks like it took a beating when a tire blew out. Thr tire that blew out on me was on the opposite side so the hose had to have been bad prior to the auction. I'm not sure of the hose part number but posted a question in this forum. I checked the TM. Hopefully I found the correct item. I think the TMs could be a little more specific (wording wise) in the parts and illustration area.

JohnnyBM931A2

Changed my 1400r20s out for 395/85r20s. What a pain in the boot. So far they are holding air. I disconnected the Ctis to separate the tires from the system for a few days. That way I know for sure if the tires are holding air on their own or not.

I found a bad air brake hose, passenger far rear axle. It looks like it took a beating when a tire blew out. Thr tire that blew out on me was on the opposite side so the hose had to have been bad prior to the auction. I'm not sure of the hose part number but posted a question in this forum. I checked the TM. Hopefully I found the correct item. I think the TMs could be a little more specific (wording wise) in the parts and illustration area.
Those are only about 2" smaller in diameter than the 14's, correct? I've heard that the 395's are more plentiful, so I may have to switch to those in the future when my tires eventually wear down (they're all about 90% right now, so I have a while.)

my76fj40

Thank you for the well wishes, will have to try out the GoPro on the trip. Got all the tires up to travelling pressure. Hoping the green gods will smile on the trip (credit to the big guy upstairs of course). I will start a thread for trip pics etc so not to clog this any further.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks