• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Goobs

My bother and I did a 1700 mile trip when I bought my 5 ton.....from Delaware to Texas.

Was as the best 4 day trip I've ever been on and was able to share it with my brother.

We we had no issues with the truck either.

Goobs

Another Ahab

Thank you for the well wishes, will have to try out the GoPro on the trip. Got all the tires up to travelling pressure. Hoping the green gods will smile on the trip (credit to the big guy upstairs of course). I will start a thread for trip pics etc so not to clog this any further.
A link to that thread, here (please), would be:

- indescribably delicious.

almond-joy.jpg

Another Ahab

There's a thread (or maybe it's whats called a "Sticky") that spells out the steps to follow for posting pictures.

I'll see if I can't find it for you, but in the meantime search "Posting Pictures" and you might find it.

And Welcome to Steel Soldiers, from here east in Virginia.

JohnnyBM931A2

Ran the truck today. Ran my '66 Ford Fairlane at the same time.. What an awesome combination of smells and sounds.. Rumbling American diesel scent mixed with emissions-less American V8 that also rumbles ;) lol

Put 10 gallons of diesel in the truck after I was done running it. Kinda pissed.. When I saw the prices the other day, diesel was at $1.98/gallon. When I went to fill up the 2 cans today it was up to $2.08 :( Not the end of the world, but still a bit annoying.

Another Ahab

Put 10 gallons of diesel in the truck after I was done running it. Kinda pissed.. When I saw the prices the other day, diesel was at $1.98/gallon. When I went to fill up the 2 cans today it was up to $2.08 :( Not the end of the world, but still a bit annoying.
Driving to Charlottesville VA today and saw regular gas selling at $1.58/ gal.

Been a while since I saw those prices.

azteclizard

now don't you wish you had a multifuel? i haven't put diesel in mine in the 4 years that i have owned it...
all my buddies give me their WMO and i just filter it.

therooster2001

It came out of Riley, then I bought it from a SS member in Castle Pines. It's been painted. I started to paint accents black (clevis hooks and door handles.

gottaluvit

Ran the truck today. Ran my '66 Ford Fairlane at the same time.. What an awesome combination of smells and sounds.. Rumbling American diesel scent mixed with emissions-less American V8 that also rumbles ;) lol

That's still a great price compared to two years ago! Ours is hanging just over $2. and gas is $1.49.

My 5 ton has a flat. It has CTIS, but I see the hole in the tread. Has anyone used them high-end plugs with success on these 14R 20s?

therooster2001

Regardless, it looks mint! Daily driver? (Seeing as it's at the front of the garage).
Thanks! Generally it's in good shape, only had surface rust spots (except for the battery box which I replaced when it was left rotting at Riley and the battteries froze and split). It took me most of the summer to paint.

Unfortunately work is across Denver, and if I drove it daily I would probably lose it in the horrible Denver traffic and run over a Hyundai. It's a spoiled 5-ton that lives indoors, and gets driven on weekends mostly. The Galaxie 500 stays in all of the winter, and comes out in April or so.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
San Angelo, Texas, USA

@ Murphy USA (Walmart) Thursday 1/28/2016:

Regular Unleaded Gasoline posted price: $1.459/Gallon - with Walmart Gas Card ONLY $ 1.429/Gallon !!

I FILLED the little Saturn Sedan for just TEN BUCKS !

These low prices have KILLED the oilfield economy around here - 30,000 jobs lost in Texas alone - but the "little guy" sure is saving at the pump.

gottaluvit

San Angelo, Texas, USA

@ Murphy USA (Walmart) Thursday 1/28/2016:

Regular Unleaded Gasoline posted price: $1.459/Gallon - with Walmart Gas Card ONLY $ 1.429/Gallon !!

I FILLED the little Saturn Sedan for just TEN BUCKS !

These low prices have KILLED the oilfield economy around here - 30,000 jobs lost in Texas alone - but the "little guy" sure is saving at the pump.
It has killed the industry here as well. Pipeline infrastructure is still going on as well as the random test wells. My county has the highest production wells in the Utica. I can't wait til they go under my land, but I really do hope it don't happen until after the prices go back up.

As for my 5 ton (topic), it's dirty and still below freezing til tomorrow when I get to hose the road salt off and plug that tire.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks