• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

archmark

Coolant Filter...

Where did you end up getting your coolant filter from?
It's a Wix filter loaded with dry SCA so it's continually adding the anti-corrosive agent as the engine coolant is filtered. To get the coolant initially "charged", it took 3 bottles of the Fleetguard DCA4 liquid. I had done a complete flush on the cooling system and then added a 50/50 mix of Prestone, so there wasn't any residual SCA or "heavy duty" anti-freeze remaining, if there ever was.

Here's a couple of youtube videos on where I got the ideas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQGpPsFlMS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h8AS1IL5jE

Another Ahab

When are you going to pick up an M939 series 5 ton?
Yeah AHAB, when you getting a 5 ton?
I'm getting my M939 when the fully-outfitted garage/shop for its storage is designed and built, and it arrives fully-restored (with gun-ring, back-up camera, and all appropriate bells-and-whistles), and I have the certificate in hand for the lifetime of free PM servicing.

Oh yeah, and after I receive notice of this from the anonymous donor behind it all; THAT'S when.

So you see, I got it all planned:

dream.jpg

Last edited:

gottaluvit

I'm getting my M939 when the fully-outfitted garage/shop for its storage is designed and built, and it arrives fully-restored (with gun-ring, back-up camera, and all appropriate bells-and-whistles), and I have the certificate in hand for the lifetime of free PM servicing.

Oh yeah, and after I receive notice of this from the anonymous donor behind it all; THAT'S when.

So you see, I got it all planned:

View attachment 605817
Awe, come on now. With this site, maintenance is easy as pie!

74M35A2

Finished sanding and painting my bed today. Installed my rear springs yesterday and mocked up axle placement. Dropping off driveshaft tomorrow to get lengthened. Stopping by metal shop to get plates for bottom of spring perches, and then to put it all back together! I still have three weeks before Redingers rally. Man I am going to be busy. I'll post some pics tomorrow when the smoke clears.
Where is your other rear axle? Did it fall off?

Ford Mechanic

Changed the fuel filter on the engine, and took the lift pump apart. Got to call Cummins tomarrow to get a o ring kit. Cause the o rings were square cut instead of round.

Amer-team

Parted with the M54 on Friday. Time to thin the herd a bit. Drove it 51 miles to the drop off. Ran fine and will be missed, but I didn't have the room or the time to give it the attention it deserved. :(

infidel got me

add icon

Parted with the M54 on Friday. Time to thin the herd a bit. Drove it 51 miles to the drop off. Ran fine and will be missed, but I didn't have the room or the time to give it the attention it deserved. :(
I sold my first 5 ton about 2 months ago and I still have a knot in my gut. I catch myself looking in the driveway where she sat. At least the buyer was from out of state, and I wont run into her with my new girl. Does anyone know if they have counseling for post traumatic selling disorder!:cookoo: I know how you feel Amer-team:-(:-(

my76fj40

Quick spin with some fix its.

Well I started he truck Friday night to get ready for my trip North. As I was walking around waiting for air to build there was a new noise, a hissing air robbing noise, darn it- I was leaving in the morning. The little voice sad better to replace in the driveway before, the way n Murphy's schedule on the side of the road in blowing snow while laying in a puddle... Luckily I had already ordered and received my MRAP drier. (Thanx Suprman)IMG_20160130_121712675_HDR.jpg

Ford Mechanic

I bought an entire name brand lift pump brand new for the price of said O rings on flea-bay. Works perfect.
Say again? I just got off the phone with Cummins Atlantic and ordered a new lift pump cause they said the o rings weren't listed separately. I had pulled mine apart and found that there was 3 square o rings and a Teflon one? Couldn't source any here so I put round ones in and they are leaking already with repriming the fuel system. Paid little less than $50 for a new one.

my76fj40

Then took a quick spin to make sure all was well. Built air quck too.IMG_20160130_142553627.jpgIMG_20160130_142531391_HDR.jpg

One pic behind with the mountans, the other towards the plains on the East sde of LaVeta pass.

my76fj40

Just to be sure everything was god headed North towards Denver. Apparently there was a shooting and stabbing so traffic was jacked, I think it's just Denver...

Made it into Wyoming and took a nap, had to replace the screws holding the passenger side windahield down, also put vacuum plugs on the top bows to slow the rattle.IMG_20160131_074331324_HDR.jpgIMG_20160131_101535347_HDR.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks