• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

my76fj40

Final test and I will call it a success. A little over 1100 miles and the only real wear and tear was on my hiney. Haven't figured mileage yet but only lost 2 screws that I known about, builds air quick and all I needed t buy was a 1/8 to 1/4 bushing for the small line to the dryer. Pic should be very majestic overlooking Flathead lake, but the weather didn't cooperate.

Also honked at the beautiful HET parked North of Missoula.IMG_20160201_094712180.jpg

2nd 1k mile trip with this truck, and the only thing that it "needs" is a real defroster.

my76fj40

Made it to my new home safe and sound. Had a few spares, tools, and books. Very thankful for uneventful trip. Took 3 days overall, spent the night in Wyoming and Missoula in the truck. If you do it bring a very warm sleeping bag. Still get folks coming up to say hello when getting fuel etc.

Amer-team

Infidel, thank you for the counseling tip. It is going to a good home. The new owner was a gun truck driver in Vietnam and wants to turn it into a tribute truck for the one that he drove. Hope to see pics of that build one of these days.

Another Ahab

Infidel, thank you for the counseling tip. It is going to a good home. The new owner was a gun truck driver in Vietnam and wants to turn it into a tribute truck for the one that he drove. Hope to see pics of that build one of these days.
That's a thread I'll sign onto before the "ink is dry".

JohnnyBM931A2

eh... Didn't do anything to the truck today.. Again. I did run it yesterday, but that was it.

Spent the day inside the garage trying to learn how to weld with my cheap new Harbor Freight welder.. Works pretty well. Perfect day for it.. First we had rain, then sleet, then rain, then hail, then rain again :p

Rmtaunton

Drove her and she is doing great checked fan clutch with shop air and it is good must be shutterstat should I stay with a 200 or go to a 180

Another Ahab

eh... Didn't do anything to the truck today.. Again. I did run it yesterday, but that was it.

Spent the day inside the garage trying to learn how to weld with my cheap new Harbor Freight welder.. Works pretty well. Perfect day for it.. First we had rain, then sleet, then rain, then hail, then rain again
If you all get 40 days of that you better stop working on the 5-ton:

- And start working on a boat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks