• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a frame tiedown upgrade kit for the M939 trucks.
Those are much beefier than the originals. I put a set on my M818 last March.
DSC_0445.jpgDSC_0443.jpgDSC_0441.jpg

The kits are for good for M809 and M39-series 5-tons also.
P/N 12356845: 16 loop kit, available on a reputable auction site
P/N 12356842: 20 loop kit, HTF, good luck!

Plane Fast

Finished the LED light bar. 300 watts very bright!!!!

Changed out my governor, PPV and one check valve that is just ahead of the air dryer. Everything is working good now. No air dryer over pressurizing.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Installed a flaming river battery cutoff switch with lock. image.jpg

Attachments

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the club. I hope you enjoy her as much as I have.
Remember I still get visitation rights lol.

TruckGuy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Daily driver...... if only the place I work had the parking space. We already have people parking down the street going to our building.

But the boss man does want me to dive it to work so he can see it... even said he would pay for the fuel.

mdemars03

Added 4 more LED's on the back of the truck. Also added a lighted license plate bracket. Will upload pictures as soon as it is dark and they come out.
Pics as promised...

2016-02-06 23.36.00.jpg
20160206_203800.jpg
20160206_203736.jpg

The lighted license plate bracket works fairly well as best I can tell with the big security light right behind me. The LED's look pretty good on the back of the truck in my personal opinion. I have four more lights to wire up on the front of the truck mounted to the gun ring posts (no I don't have a gun ring, but I am kicking a few ideas around with help from a friend). Once those are wired up I will look for some sort of extra lighting for the front of the truck. One of the other electrical items I want to do is some kind of lighting in the bed. When it gets dark with a cargo cover on the bed it's hard to see what you are doing.

Last edited:

mdemars03

I have a dome light in the cab which is part of my overhead console I bought from Those Military Guys. Although something like an armored dome light (which I know some are for sale in the classifieds) might work for what I want in the bed. I want something to give a little bit of light in the bed but not so bright it's blinding.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks