• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

mdemars03

They are 27w and on paper show 2170 lumens each. I was able to find them for $21.99 a pair online and got them with free shipping. Once I finish wiring up the ones on the gun ring posts I will have a total of 10 of those mounted. 4 on the bed pointing off to the sides, 2 on the back of the bed, and 4 on the gun ring posts. As far as something pointing foward I haven't decided if I want to use the same style but in a more narrow beam or get one of those big light bars and mount it to the grill.

Rmtaunton

OK I need y'all s help in showing all your 5 tons just to p""$$ of ken as he has a 985 on the way and no 5 tons , ok ok I am jealous but post those great 5 ton pics ecspecially you yoda

mdemars03

One thing I did notice though when mounting the lights and I was curious about. Do the front post for the gun ring usually sit lower than the rear posts? It looks like I have an inch or so difference in height with the back being higher than the front.

Piper Cub

The lighted license plate bracket works fairly well as best I can tell with the big security light right behind me. The LED's look pretty good on the back of the truck in my personal opinion. I have four more lights to wire up on the front of the truck mounted to the gun ring posts (no I don't have a gun ring, but I am kicking a few ideas around with help from a friend). Once those are wired up I will look for some sort of extra lighting for the front of the truck. One of the other electrical items I want to do is some kind of lighting in the bed. When it gets dark with a cargo cover on the bed it's hard to see what you are doing.
The blue magnetic lights from Harbor Freight work pretty well to light the cab and bed. Sometimes they come loose on bumpy roads so I just keep them in a lidless 30 cal ammo can next to the driver seat and grab them when I need them.

http://www.harborfreight.com/automo...-led-portable-worklight-flashlight-67227.html

mdemars03

archmark

I installed the backup lights that I got from TMG's on my M934 and M185A3. Hopefully next weekend I'll get both sets both wired and powered up.

Even with the new shutterstat that I installed last weekend, the fan still turns with the engine running, but spins free when the engine is off, so I don't think that the fan clutch is locked up...

azteclizard

finally got the solid axle mounted. i had a steer axle in the rear and decided to swap it out for the regular rear axle.
then i measured out and marked where i want the mudflaps. ground the brackets off of the the 3ft section of bed i had cut off. welded those brackets onto the bed, then mounted the mudflaps.

TruckGuy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truck was losing fuel prime. Prime with the hand pump, would start but die after a minute of running. Pulled the pick-up tube from the tank. The fitting flopped around on the copper tube like a bobble head. Cleaned, resoldered and installed. Fires up and runs steady.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks