• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

azteclizard

today i stripped the bed with a wire wheel, then applied roll on bed liner. looks great.
then i finished hooking up the remote brake reservoir. soldered and shrink wrapped a wire harness i accidentally cut while i was doing body work years ago..
took it for a spin just before dusk.. i need to hurry up and finish this thing so i can get to driving it more..

infidel got me

I'm off to work on my 5 ton today. Finishing up loose ends on bob job, lots to do but plenty of day light. I haven't drove the old girl in over a month and I'm having green iron withdrawals! It will be Christmas in February for me boys, so wish me luck and happy wrenching.

Another Ahab

I'm off to work on my 5 ton today. Finishing up loose ends on bob job, lots to do but plenty of day light. I haven't drove the old girl in over a month and I'm having green iron withdrawals! It will be Christmas in February for me boys, so wish me luck and happy wrenching.
Just one more month, infidel, and you'll have ALL the luck of the Irish with you.

Good Luck!

St-Patricks-Day.jpg

MIDDLEMAN

Well.... I am a new guy, so here it goes. Just got a 5 ton last week and it seems like a sound truck. What stopped working was the right rear tail light. Bulb looks good, led's for blackout work??? This is more of what I would like to do than did. Any ideas out there?

The HUlk

Well.... I am a new guy, so here it goes. Just got a 5 ton last week and it seems like a sound truck. What stopped working was the right rear tail light. Bulb looks good, led's for blackout work??? This is more of what I would like to do than did. Any ideas out there?
Welcome aboard!

Looky in here for a wealth of info, field maint. manual #5 all the way in the back has wiring diagrams...

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?121487-TMs-for-M939-Series-Trucks

image.jpg

Last edited:
Wow gettin er done. Changed Transmission fluid. Changed transfer case fluid. Freed up parking brake and Transfer case. Takes some effort to engage transfer case. I remember reading something on here should I be worriedly?

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's sort of like this:

View attachment 608357
Well kind of, lol.

I brought the chainsaw to make the relief cuts after I had everything rigged up. Ran the cable to the first tree and realized I forgot the gas can. Swapped the rigging around to put the snatch block on the tree to double things up. The block was originally on the anchor tree just to change direction. A little brute force and 180' of cable negated the need for the saw though.

What you can't see in the videos is that I only had about a 25°-30° area to fell these in. There is a fence on the left and a powerline crossing the road on the right. This is just a empty lot we inherited and I just needed them down before they took out the powerlines or the fence. We had the road blocker on both ends. There's about 6 more that need to come down towards the center of the property. I'll have to give the winch a workout to get those down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks