• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
nah... i have a 65 m52a2.
maybe ur correct, i could just be remembering things wrong. it has been a couple years and a few deployments since i messed with the truck at night. my memory isnt what it used to be, a few TBIs will mess a guy up.
Someone makes a real expensive adapter that you can install at the light switch inbetween the harness and the switch or just Y off a clearance light ( not sure if you have any as I have not seen your model in person) or the wire feeding the rear running lights as those are on with the correct switch position.

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
I agree with Spyderman about the block heater. No matter how cold it is I set my timer to have the heater come on about 2 hours before expected use and she fires up like it is 70 degrees. Even when I take it to work I set it for 5 am and when I start it at 715 she lights right off. I did not try to start it last weekend though when it was -10. :driver:

azteclizard

yall act like -10 is disastrously cold... lol..

easy day today.. tossed myself out of a CH47 while inflight.. then came home and did some piddly work to the truck. changed out the slave cable receptacle and wiring, then remounted the reflector rings with brand new reflectors in them..
woohoo... babysteps

Lawrence of Arabia

So I had a guy claiming he was seriously interested in purchasing my truck. I knew it needed batteries and have hesitated spending the money and also determined that the starter was on its way out. After he stressed to me how interested he was in the truck, I proceeded to put a new $300.00 starter and $740.00 worth of new batteries in it only to have him ignore my text, letting him know it was now road worthy and ready to sell. With all that being said, I am not mad about it as they were things that were needed. I guess I should just thank him for motivating me to get off my ass/wallet and do what i have been procrastinating to do for a while now.

wilmart01

Went to a mechanic and starting talking about install a new winch on the my M923 A2, the mechanic said will be a lot work, I think will not, he will only extend the frame and weld a plate underneath and do some wire work.
what do you think? Any ideas?

The HUlk

So I had a guy claiming he was seriously interested in purchasing my truck. I knew it needed batteries and have hesitated spending the money and also determined that the starter was on its way out. After he stressed to me how interested he was in the truck, I proceeded to put a new $300.00 starter and $740.00 worth of new batteries in it only to have him ignore my text, letting him know it was now road worthy and ready to sell. With all that being said, I am not mad about it as they were things that were needed. I guess I should just thank him for motivating me to get off my ass/wallet and do what i have been procrastinating to do for a while now.
Good for you, your machine is ready should it be needed, as it should be. I hope all is well with him.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to a mechanic and starting talking about install a new winch on the my M923 A2, the mechanic said will be a lot work, I think will not, he will only extend the frame and weld a plate underneath and do some wire work.
what do you think? Any ideas?
Hydraulic or electric?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks