• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

WOW !!!
Is yours an A1 or A2 ?
That sure is one way to do it.
Ive pulled the complete setup off an A1 without removing anything but the hydraulic system.
Not bashing you, but why did you remove all those parts ?
Its an A1. Believe me I tried everything I could but there is just no room to get anything out especially the PTO. Ok I get what your saying but you first started removing all the hydraulic hoses, pump, driveshaft and then the PTO, so you more than likely had all that stuff out of your way. I had all of that in my way and had to remove some things to get to the PTO. There is no difference with what I removed and what you removed, its sill the same amount of work.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Finally got the bed of my truck pretty much arranged how I want it. Jumper cables, Tow bar air lines, 30ft air hose and come along all hung up nicely. I used those big "GearTies" you see at Lowes and Home depot. They are handy as heck I have found. Also didn't want to break out the welder so I mounted another jerry can holder to the side of my tire changing box to keep it from sliding off. I have a pin mounted thru the floor to hold my tow bar where its at. I may do the same with the spare tire since it does scoot a little forward and keep me from opening the toolbox door. Removable pins are always nice.

My 931 rear assembly is mounted thru the bed with steel underside thru two of the original bolt holes. 2x4 block for support. I have an 8ft 1/2" x 6" wide piece of steel running the length of the unit as you can see for added weight to hold it down while lifting. It slid right up under the fuel tank cap flap on the rear of it. The steel nearest the side of the bed is only 6ft long. They are held in with pins as well along with a cross support piece for easy removal. I do not utilize my troop seats at all. So I figured only having access to use one side was ok. Also have a Jerry can mounted on the tail of the crane section. The crane folded outwards nearly straight so it slipped between the unit and the bed and is snug along with my shovel. I do have a 12ton jack stand up under the front toolbox section.

Did a little touchup on my interior since I always have headphones decided to use these strap hangers from home depot. It just boggles me that someone thought of that idea and is making MILLIONS and I couldn't think of something so simple! DOH!

Maybe by the middle of next week I will have all my parts for my dual fuel tank. I got the AirTex pump today in the mail. Waiting on a 3way valve and spin on filter heads.

Attachments

TwistedOaks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Car circling... Like a Boss! (no-one even tried to pull up behind me)
Safety patrols nearly got into a brawl over "who's going to stand next to the truck" and "whos going to open the door!

HAH!
IMG_3639.jpg

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I turned the fuel up on my 932 short bed. Wow, what a difference! Spools up faster, shifts smoother. I wish I would have done this sooner.

sed6

Added a turn signal under each drivers door. At 27' long there's room for two vehicles to be next to me and not see my front or rear blinker. I spliced them into the fronts using a long Y connector I made.

20160525_203901.jpg

20160522_185537_001.jpg

gottaluvit

Added a turn signal under each drivers door. At 27' long there's room for two vehicles to be next to me and not see my front or rear blinker. I spliced them into the fronts using a long Y connector I made.

View attachment 625159

View attachment 625160
That's a good move for safety. It's even worse when pulling a trailer and the trailer blocks the truck's tail lights, and the trailer lights are tucked under it.

Another Ahab

Installed new fuel tank float from summit racing. Exact match. They even next day'd it to me even though I picked standard shipping.
Can you tell:

- If you got it "next day" because it was designated that way (and so it got expedited), or

- If you got it "next day" because the shipping now is just getting real efficient?

red

Have the wrecker mobile under its' own power, now I'm looking for insurance.

Also dragged this little guy home that will be useful for the wrecker. Will be used as storage for the DT466, 2 tcases, and a 5th wheel for awhile.

IMG_20160526_113944557.jpg

NovacaineFix

Summit Racing is based out of Ohio, so it may be you are just lucky enough to be in their backyard, maybe.

Went to a car show with Ole "Fluffy" was the only military vehicle there, was kind of bummed about that, but it was a "Car" show. Still, many enjoyed seeing the old girl riding the streets with classic Detroit Muscle Machines. Most of the cars were setting off other car alarms due to the headers, mine was due to shear resonance, lol.

On the way back home, picked up a heavy load, wasn't sure if the truck could take that much weight, but she did just fine, that x-tra large pizza with extra cheese was pushin' it to the limits.
20160527_214622.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks