• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

WV New Guy

We did our 1st Memorial Day Parade

The wife , and I attended the Memorial Day parade and car show in Paw Paw WV . It was quite fun driving the 5 ton up and over 2 mountains for 25 miles one way . It was incredible to see Vets from Korea to current come up and talk about there experiences with Deuces and 5 tons . We must've made a good impression cause we were awarded the special recognition award . The awards were voted on by all those entered in the car show. For a small little mountain town the Town and VFW and residents know how to respect vets.

Attachments

Another Ahab

We must've made a good impression cause we were awarded the special recognition award . The awards were voted on by all those entered in the car show. For a small little mountain town the Town and VFW and residents know how to respect vets.
That's a great family pic:

- Mom , Dad, and the "Baby"!

You all look great, and congratulations on the Award, that's always special.

gottaluvit

The wife , and I attended the Memorial Day parade and car show in Paw Paw WV . It was quite fun driving the 5 ton up and over 2 mountains for 25 miles one way . It was incredible to see Vets from Korea to current come up and talk about there experiences with Deuces and 5 tons . We must've made a good impression cause we were awarded the special recognition award . The awards were voted on by all those entered in the car show. For a small little mountain town the Town and VFW and residents know how to respect vets.
It was her painting them wheels up that did it!

gottaluvit

I like that area in and around Paw Paw. I used to pass through town on my way to my son's at Fredericksburg, VA. I love back roads to get to see the "real" America.

Spyderman

Today I replaced the broken mirror that a semi drive broke when he passes me. Pressure washed it to get it ready for the memorial parade. I have 2 parades to do. One on Sunday and one on Monday.

Sent from my mobile web slinger!

blitz10

I bolted up 2 MRAP steps, the ones with a cable holding the step, 1 on each side to give me and the girlfriend an extra leg up. Really helps with me, I am 12 weeks out on a hip replacement.

cx65083

I had re-enforced my bows a little so I thought they would be fine for the winter. That and I got lazy/preoccupied/etc. Well, Winter started off really mild, but we had a few surprises. Heavy rains plus freezing weather weighed down my cover and busted all the bows!
So I started "project raise the roof ... again" a few weeks ago. With my health and back problems, I can only do a lil bit each day if it's not too hot out. (previous heat stroke)
I used that reflective foil from Home Depot to help with heat last year. Worked good too. So this year, instead of just doing the top, I'm doing the sides as well. Should make a huge difference. I also used two sheets of 3/8" of ply down the center to help with snow loads and to prevent the swimming pool on top!
I'm to the point of just getting the cover back on. Need to let it sit in the sun a bit and stretch it out. 1/2" black pipe through the bottom loops help hold it down and keep things straight.
Will post more as I get things done.

Attachments

Jakelc15

The truck looks great.

And that's a nice little barn/ shed there in town.
Thanks. It looks better in pictures than in person! The whole truck could use a coat of paint.
That was the town of East Berlin Pa. I live a few miles south of there in Hanover. If you're ever in the area, stop by the VFW, they have an F14 and a M60! Also let me know we'll grab grab a beer or coffee

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks