• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

big block 88

Wolverinetech.com alternator kit is in. I have to say he has excellent customer service and I highly recomend it for anyone having charging issues the kit is clean and simple All the LED lights are on and wired split loomed everything. Back up camera and monitor mounted and wired just need the spare back in the davit.

Attachments

Last edited:

ScubaCat

Please report back with the results. I am hearing mixed reviews on if it improves or not. I have been meaning to do such test with a digital vacuum gauge (MAP sensor), but just haven't done it yet. Thanks.
Going to a smaller filter reduces surface area and will only clog faster if not reducing airflow from the get go. Spend the money and get a commercial grade K+N reusable high flow filter. K+N P/N 38-2013s

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Life around here has been extraordinarily busy - bordering on crazy - lately and I have little time to work on our "yet to get running" recently acquired XM818 Semi-Tractor.

However, last evening, between an afternoon thundershower and sunset I was able to squeeze just a little time into starting to removed the toolbox to access the FUEL SELECTOR SWITCH/VALVE. Me thinks - through much thread reading and "e-diagnostics" - that air is getting into the fuel lines since it won't build pressure iwth primer hand pump, nor start.

Another thunderstorm was rolling in so I stopped before the tool box was free from its perch. Maybe tomorrow.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a NOS complete windshield assembly completely dressed out with everything but the wipers. It's like looking out of a brand new truck. :mrgreen:

Removal

20160601_182850.jpg

Old one

20160601_182941.jpg

New one

20160601_183607.jpg

Almost there...

20160601_191601.jpg

Done!

20160602_185422.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Got a new speedo cable installed. Along with some side LED's and one bed LED. Switches installed on the shifter side. They sit flush with the troop seats. That I don't use anyway but you still can fold them down. The lights can also swing out and be able to see the corner areas if need be. Still waiting for some LED spots to show up. Going to break out the plasma and get them recessed into the bumpers. Need those rear backup LEDs for those people with a bright light issue.

I did not like the below the bed lights so I took them off.

Attachments

Last edited:

WV New Guy

Greased the 5 ton only pics are from power steering unit to m trying to diagnose those pics will be posted in that thread if they ever load up. Also worked on pulling the CTIS out cause it refused to work correctly . My next 5 ton will be a 10 wheeler M925A1 I want the NHC250 and no CTIS ! Thankfully none of the tires have ever gone flat . Parts will be order to delete the hoses to the hubs soon .

WV New Guy

Need help on paint to use on the exhaust ! So far I've used H&S khaki and Behr both have turned pink anybody with a tan truck having the same issue ? My next thought is to use high temp rustolem black but I were prefer not to

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Need help on paint to use on the exhaust ! So far I've used H&S khaki and Behr both have turned pink anybody with a tan truck having the same issue ? My next thought is to use high temp rustolem black but I were prefer not to
I have some cans of Adobe 1800degree tan stove paint. Should be available at a fireplace shop near you

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

603hellmutt

Relocated my batteries to passenger side step box, installed new fan clutch actuator, oil pressure guage and sender, brake light switch. Now waiting on a new air dryer and going to be ordering a set of LED lights

Spyderman

Relocated my batteries to passenger side step box, installed new fan clutch actuator, oil pressure guage and sender, brake light switch. Now waiting on a new air dryer and going to be ordering a set of LED lights
I have been wanting to relocate my batteries to the side box also.

Sent from Spydermans webslinger!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks