• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Another Ahab

Ahab that was only two loads and I would guess that there is still 6 or 7 more loads. The woman called and said she had a couple trees cut down so we weren't expecting all of that. He is going to keep hauling with my truck on any free time that he can come up with.
Your nephew might have some problems (who doesn't).

But I'm thinking that Winter won't be one of them:

wood.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Tried to figure out whats wrong with my temperature gauge today. New gauge and new coolant sending unit and it reads that my truck is running 240 degrees. yet my thermogun shows the sending unit is at 180 behind it and at the thermostat. SO the search continues to chase that bug.

Installed my new MRAP dryer and got it relocated up higher under the truck so its not hanging down.
Also added a fire extinguisher to the cab in the shifter holder.

Another Ahab

I thought they were Ash trees but I could be wrong because I don't know much about tree's. He doesn't have a sawmill just an outdoor wood burner that heats his house and hot water.
I'm not an arborist, or a lumber expert; but I just don't believe that ash grows to that size (at least not in my limited experience). I'm thinking tobyS is right, and what you got there is Tulip Poplar. But without a leaf or two from those trees, it'll be hard to be sure.

They're both good burning (but Ash grows a little slower, and so it's a little denser and burns hotter). Either way: that's a LOT of chop-sticks.

74M35A2

I always choose that Australian girl's voice on my Garmin GPS. It is somehow just a little more pleasing than the weatherman's voice option.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thursday night I'll finally be going from a soft top to a hard top.

20160726_183125.jpg

Anybody have any of those "I wish I had known that" tips before I get started. I've got the complete hardware kit, so no problem there. Looks simple enough.

ghitch75

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Strip off the exhaust from the turbo back.......Replacing it with 4" 18" from turbo then 5" on out.........with 5" straight though muffler....

therooster2001

Anybody have any of those "I wish I had known that" tips before I get started. I've got the complete hardware kit, so no problem there. Looks simple enough.
Get a buddy to help, it's awkward. I did mine in one shot, not two sections, so it might be easier to do in pieces. The bolts behind the drivers seats are a PITA. Don't torque the front holders, they aren't meant to pull, they'll just bend. Carefully seat the weatherstripping before you torque the bolts, it likes to move. The top most likely will not fit like a glove, it's not you. I choose to put some silicone on the mating surfaces then ran two final beads on completion. Mine was a takeoff, so YMMV, but I wanted no leaks, my poor cab had enough in its lifetime before me. I didn't opt to put a screw in the front corners, don't know if that is in the instructions, but I've seen them on a lot of trucks. It was on the old one. Enjoy the new sounds or lack of some.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks