• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

tobyS

Simp5782, I was wondering about the tongue and if it would pivot. Apparently not, it looks rigid

Do the rear axles pivot on a center trunion like a 5 ton, or does the 915 have independent suspension?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Simp5782, I was wondering about the tongue and if it would pivot. Apparently not, it looks rigid

Do the rear axles pivot on a center trunion like a 5 ton, or does the 915 have independent suspension?
It has the center trunion. The lunette is rigid. And it is a blast to back up.

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The pic is a little bit dark, what do we got here:

- You trailering something?

I'm getting deja-vu; did you post this already on another thread?

It is on the previous page. I got some messages on wanting a sideview of the load to show clearance rather than the forward facing and rear of it.

kungfu dave

I finally broke down, or manned up depending on your point of view, and bought my first one! Super excited to get it home and start getting it road ready. It has been 2 years in the making and now I need to start learning how to work on it. Is it normal to feel intimidated as I have only ever sat in one? lol

Ford Mechanic

I finally broke down, or manned up depending on your point of view, and bought my first one! Super excited to get it home and start getting it road ready. It has been 2 years in the making and now I need to start learning how to work on it. Is it normal to feel intimidated as I have only ever sat in one? lol
Welcome to the club!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It is the same thing as driving a Go Cart. it is just 10ft tall. We will get you figured out. Be sure to download the P2P program in the TM section and the keep the quick parts spreadsheet handy for those things you need.. I think you will be good to go on getting her to run.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got this M813A1 running today with surprisingly little to no trouble. Bang out a few dents, temp sender replacement, and fuel shut off solenoid to be done but otherwise she is a happy truck..the engine has to be turned up as she is a speed demon! I forgot how much fun the M809 trucks are compared to the M939.

Attachments

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got this M813A1 running today with surprisingly little to no trouble. Bang out a few dents, temp sender replacement, and fuel shut off solenoid to be done but otherwise she is a happy truck..the engine has to be turned up as she is a speed demon! I forgot how much fun the M809 trucks are compared to the M939.
Yes sir, rolling coal in a 813 is pure fun. Last of the real man trucks.....

CGarbee

On the M817: Replaced the rubber air line located above the starter that is in the big line between the compressor and the tanks... It blew out on Sunday while it was parked in the yard warming up... Also swapped out the Michelin 1100r20 XL for Goodyear G177 (Old tires are on rims and are for sale as they are good yard/trail tires but too old/worn for me to run OTR with loads...).

On the XM813: topped up the batteries and cleaned/tightened the cables/terminals.

On the "to do" list: Check that air line that blew to ensure that the other ones in the yard are ok (visual inspect now, swap them out in the very near future...).

NovacaineFix

20160809_180329.jpg
Washed the mud and sand off of Ole "Fluffy", my 818 from when I drove her up to the SoCal Rally in Big Bear and had a great time with the guys (and girls).
If you haven't been there and are somewhat local, it's a blast. Trail rides, BBQ, talking ship, and just a plain good old time.

A pic from one of the guys during a rest stop on the trail, Fluffy on the right and a couple of deuces
MVs copy.jpg
From left to right Me (NovacaineFix) in the M818 aka "Fluffy", Blendmaster2002 in the M36A2 and Prospector GM in the M35A2
pejthcmc.gif

kungfu dave

I pulled the driver side fender and removed the fuel filter assembly. All in order to start fixing what someone screwed up trying to get my A2 running. Probably going to have to rebuild the injection pump as they changed everything else trying to get it to run. And by rebuild, I mean send off to someone to rebuild.

Snowtiger

I built heavy duty stairs as part of my camping\Boating project for the beast. If your interested I will keep you posted. Next up living area in the back, Paint boat, and a few other surprises. All will fit in the back
01b8c1998e2dc744b292da256b9ef56e29200abd23.jpg01dca71c4b371b527fd20b1482b4f6d20062c7a6ae.jpg0174a420b6607cf997c91769d3699564ad2c877c30.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks