• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
In the process of battery service. According to the guy at Auto Zone I got one good TL out of four (thank you Murphy). He said one of them was iffy so I'm charging the two best ones and hope I can just run on two batteries. Otherwise I'm looking at about 300 bucks for two high CCA civy batteries.

It never ends. :roll:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Did a long road trip in mine. Memphis to Texico, IL (loaded 47k) 300miles. Texico, IL to Labadie, MO (40K) 121miles. Labadie, MO to Lebanon, TN (towbar 923ROPS and dolly 55k)380 miles. Lebanon, TN to Charlotte, NC (towbar 923ROPS) 380miles, Charlotte to Fayetteville empty 135miles Fayetteville to Lebanon empty @ 530miles. Lebanon to Wreckermans with dolly and back with a M348 trailer. Then to Memphis 235miles with the dolly. Still have to go to St Louis and back twice this week to move equipment. Was a long time in a 5 ton.

kungfu dave

So I am currently trying to remove the injection pump on my m923a2. I have gotten everything loose without incident, except, the last stupid (insert non-family friendly language here) nut on the lower, inside mounting bolt. I looked through the TMs and have only found diagrams, nothing on actual tools for removal. I am hoping someone has a good suggestion so I do not have to pull the large bracket on top that holds the radiator line in place. Thanks in advance.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Used the M925A2 winch to pull massive 50' tree that had fallen into pond.
Winch is slow but handled that weight with ease.
Pics were too blurry to post.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the process of battery service. According to the guy at Auto Zone I got one good TL out of four (thank you Murphy). He said one of them was iffy so I'm charging the two best ones and hope I can just run on two batteries. Otherwise I'm looking at about 300 bucks for two high CCA civy batteries.

It never ends. :roll:

Costco.
Group 65 Interstate (made by Johnson Controls)
$84.99 ea

Another Ahab

Same thing happened to mine except I was standing there as the last thread let go from all the shaking the engine was doing and hit the ground. They shake themselves loose after time even when you think they're tight. I reinstalled mine with some 'light hold' Loctite (blue or yellow maybe?)...
Blue is the medium hold if I remember right, and red is the "permanent" (strong) formula.

i'm not thinking there is a "light" formula, but I could sure be wrong about that.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
wreckerman lives in the backwoods of Alabama. They can't even spell Costco where he lives. That is one of those big words.

Ford Mechanic

I drove mine every day last week to work! Sunday I started tear down to fix the leaking t-stat housing and the exhaust manifold leak. It's all tore apart now, only had 4 of the bolts break on the manifold.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

kungfu dave

TwistedOaks, I like that! I take it hard head is a member? Did you look at any other set ups before picking that one? I have been looking myself and found a hidden arrangement that looks nice. Have you found any pros or cons to either set up? Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks