• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

randygk

Painted the M923A1, then after reading a post about front spring hanger nuts being loose - tightened some of those. Well the fuel line from the filter to injector pump saw me pay attention to the spring hanger bolts and started to leak. I had been fighting a loss of prime for a while. I resealed the fuel pump damper when it leaked, checked the pickup tube in the tank and all fittings and thought I had everything cured. A while later the loss of prime showed up again. I lived with it for a while until the other day there was fuel on top of the frame near the hose. Cleaned it all off and drove it a couple of times and no leak. I pulled the hose and there were cracks on the underside that if the moon and Uranus lined up just right it would leak.
Got a new hose and will be seeing if the loss of prime is cured.

Another Ahab

A while later the loss of prime showed up again. I lived with it for a while until the other day there was fuel on top of the frame near the hose. Cleaned it all off and drove it a couple of times and no leak. I pulled the hose and there were cracks on the underside that if the moon and Uranus lined up just right it would leak.
Got a new hose and will be seeing if the loss of prime is cured.
I hope you solved it. Who doesn't like an easy fix!?

Ford Mechanic

Finally got mine all back together. Replaced exhaust manifold gaskets, all manifold bolts and lock plates, all the t-stat gaskets (x3), replaced the old muffler with a Sinister Diesel flow thru design, and painted the pipes black with a 2000* F paint. All I need now is a rain cap from the parts store tomarrow to finish it up.

I almost forgot that I replaced my headlights with a H-4 conversion!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Tractor supply has them for like $10 or so. If you have those around

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

ghitch75

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got mine all back together. Replaced exhaust manifold gaskets, all manifold bolts and lock plates, all the t-stat gaskets (x3), replaced the old muffler with a Sinister Diesel flow thru design, and painted the pipes black with a 2000* F paint. All I need now is a rain cap from the parts store tomarrow to finish it up.

did you go to 5" exhaust?

ghitch75

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No I stuck with the 4in system. I happened to have that muffler and a 2 ft piece of pipe on hand that didn't cost me anything. I think I have less that $40 in the new muffler and painting the exhaust.

i went with 5" on mine and have about $280 in mine.....dropped my EGT by 300f......did it lower your EGT ?

Ford Mechanic

i went with 5" on mine and have about $280 in mine.....dropped my EGT by 300f......did it lower your EGT ?
So it sounds alot better than what it did. I've not drove it far enough yet to see about the EGT's. It's not as loud as a straight pipe truck, but has a little drone to to it at 25 to 35 when in town. I'll get the wife to take a video hopefully tonight.

It sounds alot like a 2500 ram with the 5.9 that's had the exhaust replaced with that style muffler.

ghitch75

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So it sounds alot better than what it did. I've not drove it far enough yet to see about the EGT's. It's not as loud as a straight pipe truck, but has a little drone to to it at 25 to 35 when in town. I'll get the wife to take a video hopefully tonight.

It sounds alot like a 2500 ram with the 5.9 that's had the exhaust replaced with that style muffler.

i put a 5" MBRP muffler and started the 5" about 16" from the turbo.......i have 2 6.5 turbo chevys with the same muffle they are just 4"....sure woke the ol 8.3 up don't have to flat foot it to get it to go any where.......i posted a while back when i done it.....post 4639

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?83549-What-have-you-done-to-your-5-ton-this-week/page464

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced the coolant tank with one that doesn't leak.

Previous would always leak out a gallon and not allow the system to hold pressure.

Exhaust bolts cam out way easier than I'd have guessed they would.

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Can you show us a close up pic of how you're stowing your tow bar?

Thanks Dave

I switch out the box seat in my M52a2 with a springer seat from a m816 and I wanted more room .I removed the round rod that supports the lower back and added a strap across the back that supports the two plywood panels that seat inside the frame of the seat . I used the pad from the back of the box seat it is inside the seat cover from a m211 driver seat it fits over the frame of the springer seat .
steering wheel to seat back is 16 inches
steering wheel to seat bottom is 5 inches

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks