• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

twisted60

Installed my new seat. IMG_2110.jpg Next waiting for Alt rebuild kit. IMG_2084.jpg VM with engine running (same reading as VM attached direct to batteries). Great support and response from Wolverine Technologies.

Another Ahab

picked my daughter from school, she said{please dont do it again} wife hates my truck,keeping it FOREVER:naner::D:hammer::cool::jumpin::patracy:
No big deal; probably a gender thing:

- the boys maybe want it all to be about "me"

- the girls maybe not so much

I think it's great you use the rig regular; keep it rolling!

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brought the 5 ton out to pick up my nephews skid steer and my grandsons dump truck. I had 23 tons of #8's delivered and didn't want to spread it by hand.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

After doing some reading and replacing the leaking heater core anyway I installed a coolant filter with DCA additive. Went pretty well. No leaks. Filter is on a bypass circuit and there is a shutoff on the 5/8" heater hose so in the summer I can shut off the heater circuit and keep the filter circuit in the loop. Also added a filter to the fuel tank vent at the top of the engine air intake. No picture as it was dark, will add some soon. Was having an issue with loosing prime and when I went to remove the fuel fill cap tank was under some pretty good vacuum. First thing I looked at was the vent and it was plugged solid with some kind of mud dauber or something. It was plugged solid. Looked there first as it was plugged when I first got the truck running. Truck now has it's pep back and hopefully the vent filter will keep out the bugs and there homes.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Brought the 5 ton out to pick up my nephews skid steer and my grandsons dump truck. I had 23 tons of #8's delivered and didn't want to spread it by hand.
Mr. Dave, you just need to get rid of that little trailer and go ahead and buy my M322 when I am up there in the next 2 weeks! I started making the ramps for it today. 7ft long made out of 3/8" angle iron.

Attachments

TwistedOaks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could always strap a compressor bracket to it, and bring the M322 south! I'd take that off your hands.
Mr. Dave, you just need to get rid of that little trailer and go ahead and buy my M322 when I am up there in the next 2 weeks! I started making the ramps for it today. 7ft long made out of 3/8" angle iron.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You could always strap a compressor bracket to it, and bring the M322 south! I'd take that off your hands.
I am working on it. Trust me after you lifted these ramps once or twice you would beg me to take it back. Plus you are down there in the mass senior citizen area and they are all enroute to there from their summer homes. Roads have too many old people on them.

Another Ahab

I am working on it. Trust me after you lifted these ramps once or twice you would beg me to take it back. Plus you are down there in the mass senior citizen area and they are all enroute to there from their summer homes. Roads have too many old people on them.
Hey.

Who are you calling an old people?!

angry.gif

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks