• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

TwistedOaks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made some more progress today on the M915 Battery Box project. Got my group31 trays mounted...
IMG_6202.jpg

Isolater, and solar controllers (1x3 wood back board, anchored to the side supports)
IMG_6203.jpg

Got it all fit in, and needed to create a couple new crosslinks. Used a little flat aluminum on the hold-downs, since the batteries are too tall for the ones that came with the trays.
IMG_6205.jpgIMG_6204.jpg

All wired up. And it closed perfect. Also used some pinch trim on all the box edges, just to make sure we don't have chaffing.
IMG_6206.jpg

Tomorrow - MRAP air tank mounts.

71DeuceAK

Very nice! I might borrow your idea for relocating the batteries in the M923 I might be getting, but at the same time I'm torn since they're high and dry in the cab, and I intend on going mudding somewhat.

aziator

Finally installed my switch kit. Pretty easy to install, 4 switches are on relays, 2 aren't, all are fed through a central control box with fuse panel and gang bar. Now to install boost and pyro gauges. Also finished installing newly covered seats.

FullSizeRender 4.jpgIMG_1468.jpgIMG_1469.jpg

Last edited:

Artisan

Made some more progress today on the M915 Battery Box project. Got my group31 trays mounted...
View attachment 667062

Isolater, and solar controllers (1x3 wood back board, anchored to the side supports)
View attachment 667063

Got it all fit in, and needed to create a couple new crosslinks. Used a little flat aluminum on the hold-downs, since the batteries are too tall for the ones that came with the trays.
View attachment 667065View attachment 667064

All wired up. And it closed perfect. Also used some pinch trim on all the box edges, just to make sure we don't have chaffing.
View attachment 667066

Tomorrow - MRAP air tank mounts.
It is sincerely a crying shame that the owners of this forum, after
multitudes of special requests from it's members, that said owners
have not yet created a forum for the 20Ton Trucks. I do NOT care
about the helicopters and black ops and senators and other CRAP
that THEY brought down upon themselves. (Ask me how I know!) !

The trucks were put in pubic domain, we should be able to discuss them
in a forum differenciated from the little 5 ton. ( I own one myself)

An M916 only needs 2 batteries. Everything after that is High Performance.
Nice job BTW.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a "what have you done to you 20 ton this week" thread?

What truck is TwistedOaks working on I thought/assumed it was a M939 that he was putting M915 battery box on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwistedOaks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a "what have you done to you 20 ton this week" thread?

What truck is TwistedOaks working on I thought/assumed it was a M939 that he was putting M915 battery box on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is, Artisan just gets a couple bottles in before posting. :beer:

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finished installing the console and wiring the MRAP LED dome lights. They are impressive! I was concerned with them being mounted in the center, that the sides of the cab would be dark. I was very wrong. They have a very wide pattern. Flipping the switch gives me light everywhere. No more needing a flashlight, to find a flashlight, so I can find something in the cab.

Completed install of console.
20170217_123737.jpg

20170217_150455.jpg

20170217_150528.jpg

Lights wired up using the correct Amphenol connectors and 18/3 jacketed wire. Wired on a two switch system: one for White and one for Green.
20170218_234119.jpg

White - No hot spot in the center. Just bright, even light everywhere.
20170218_233922.jpg

Green - the green color of the cab cancelled out some of the color in the picture. Nice true color in person.
20170218_233945.jpg

Daytime shot.
20170219_180000.jpg

I'll secure all the wiring later.

TwistedOaks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I think I can consolidate my primary and secondary tanks into this behemoth. The wet tank feeds directly into both, and the MRAP tank is actually two tanks in one with a check valve from the larger to the smaller side. The smaller side (if my math is right) is actually the same size as the M939 secondary steel tank.

Got it all mounted up. Only failure is the Low air sensors, which are leaking.

IMG_6213.jpg

86m1028

After chasing & fixing an air brake gremlin, I drove my newest truck (m936A2) around the neighborhood.
I love seeing the terror in my neighbors faces.
The same ones that detest my trucks are the 1st to come ask my help when they need it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks