• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

tobyS

Nice job...there is a lot of detail to a dash. At least your steering wheel is not cracked and pieces missing. Looks good.

Did you change the door or camo the inside?

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He would have the whole truck but that big Detroit is hard to miss when started.

Yes right now it's the ugly duckling.
No key but will install a anti gimp device.

Ford Mechanic

Got the Ctis fixed today.
And the cut wire on the ABS
Ken I really wanted to get you to sit in those seats you gave me last year, a little TLC and some tuning made a major differance. I installed them in my 923, major improvement in the ride.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced the fuel tank strainer and cap with some new ones. Both were heavily corroded and one of the sacrificial spots on the cap had started to weep. It amazes me that they used a stainless tank and skimped by using a plated steel strainer. The blue coloring inside my old cap is from the 2 stroke oil I add to compensate for the junk they sell at the pump these days. The corrosin of the cap held the color.

There is a guy down the road from me that specializes in making custom filters, using stainless media, for water processing plants. I'm going to bring my old strainer to him and see if he can copy it in stainless for a reasonable price. This is a contamination point for the fuel system since it creates rust inside the tank. Those are some fairly large rust particles on the strainer in the picture. Since moisture is a given, the new strainer will eventually suffer the same fate. I'm going to try to eliminate that with a stainless alternative.

20170430_233745.jpg

20170430_233755.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks