• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Come on, it's a joke dude! And I was responding to Davis, not you. And yes, I know what it is, please do not make me read the entire TM on the clearance light. (I'm sure the military made one).

PS (that was a joke too!)
I know it was a joke!

Thats the bad thing about text. Can't read tone.
I meant that as a " go for it"!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whatever dude. It's a dome light now.

Im a trendsetter! Just watch ... the copycats are going, "Why didn't I think about that!

it will become industry standard on all custom jobs from now on!

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
- Henry David Thoreau

therooster2001

Pulled off a rookie move and didn't put the fuel cap immediate back on when refueling. It bounced off somewhere in a 1/4 mile stretch that I walked three times to find, and couldn't. I have a spare, but just pissed at myself. Anyone know if that special screw in the cap is a one time thing?

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgI have done a few things lately. Picked up a set of desplined front hubs that were missing the center caps. Real hard time finding the correct caps so I opted for another fix. Found some Dorman freeze plugs. They were not the dish type like the original ones. They are domed with no lip. A little grinding and I got them to fit pretty tight. Used some 5 min epoxy to seal them tight. Put them on and have only driven it once but did notice a little more acceleration. Hope it helps a little on the fuel mileage. I also wrapped the steering wheel with 550 para cord. It took all of the 100' spool and about 2 hours to complete. Came out pretty good I think. I also have a spinner ball that my son got for me. It is printed with my name and the truck model. Lots more to do.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I had one of those spinney knobs on my first deuce. One trip offroad and it whacked mt hand pretty good, launched it out the window and never looked backed.

99nouns

Oh you have to see me backup my XLWB M927 with power steering with one of those spinney knobs, I flip that truck around like a pancakes in the morning.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks