• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Another Ahab

Can't decide what to do as far as a paint scheme. Stick with an MV based job, or civilianize it since it'll be my permanent residence. Maybe a multi-level metal flake scheme like a 60's drag car.

Some of those WWI camouflage schemes used by Germany on their aircraft were pretty funky.

Of course, those schemes were:

- WWI era.

- German

- And aircraft specific.

But. You know. Other than that. Pretty funky!

ABC.jpg

someoldmoose

Ahab, that just might be the answer. [thumbzup] I too am WW 1 vintage (or at least it feels that way), of German heritage, Virgo (so VERY specific), and pretty funky (especially after a fire call but better after a shower). Maybe I will become Moose Fred van Rick tofu.
The Maroon Bar man.

therooster2001

Found two things that need attention. Not a dripping leak, but I think when it articulated it threw some oil around. Both rear axels. Time to read up..

IMG_2638.jpg
IMG_2626.jpg

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rear pinion seal super easy.
Pull cotter key remove nut pull flange off by hand remove seal install new seal. Fronts are a little different.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is very easy.
I have read on SS that there is a difference between military spec seals and civilian seals.
The military one seems to do the job and the civilian one leaks right away.

I used the military one and it was fine.
No experience with the other

Ford Mechanic

It is very easy.
I have read on SS that there is a difference between military spec seals and civilian seals.
The military one seems to do the job and the civilian one leaks right away.

I used the military one and it was fine.
No experience with the other
Really? I was just fixing to order some civy replacement seals.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tobyS

Cut the sideboards from telephone poles today and fitted them. One of the four got about 1 3/4" and the rest are 1 1/2". I'm going to see if a shop nearby will plane the one down just a tad. They weigh a bit more than 2x 12 from the lumber mart.

Sunburn, sweat and saw dust is a hot combination right now!:burn:

Black, tan or green?

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Really? I was just fixing to order some civy replacement seals.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Ive never had any of the civilian ones leak and i use the ones from napa or truckpro. National oil seals are good quality.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not doubting that at all.
Just relaying what Ive read in a few old SS threads.

The military surplus seals must be made of gold considering how much the eBay, etc. vendors ask for them.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cut the sideboards from telephone poles today....

....Sunburn, sweat and saw dust is a hot combination right now!:burn:

Black, tan or green?
Oh no, I hope you didn't get Creosote burned. I've been burned several times and it makes a sunburn seem like fun.

The side boards look awesome. I'd go green if you can match or just leave them as is, look cool to me! Just my $.02

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Cut the sideboards from telephone poles today and fitted them. One of the four got about 1 3/4" and the rest are 1 1/2". I'm going to see if a shop nearby will plane the one down just a tad. They weigh a bit more than 2x 12 from the lumber mart.

Sunburn, sweat and saw dust is a hot combination right now!:burn:

Black, tan or green?
Leave them as is, looks sharp!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks