• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

therooster2001

Swapped out the old axle vents. The two back ones let out a good puff when unscrewed, figure that was my issue. Did DOT fittings, but one is not holding when pulled, so will replace. Haven't permanently mounted it, still trying to find the best spot. Needed 50 ft roll to get it done. Probably have 10 left over. Bet that was my leak issue.

Spyderman

I also got my air ride seats put in. I had to relocate the batteries to the side compartment box. There was plenty of cable to do the conversion. I fabricated my own battery tie-down. I fabricated mounts for the seats using the factory bolts for the original seat. I still need to hook up the air to the seats. I just have to find the original post where to get the air from I know it goes on the emergency brake but I can't remember which one it is.

Sent from my Webslinger using Tapatalk

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good Spyderman. Where did you get your seats? I've been thinking about putting air ride in mine also. The wife won't ride in it very often because of the rough ride.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I also got my air ride seats put in. I had to relocate the batteries to the side compartment box. There was plenty of cable to do the conversion. I fabricated my own battery tie-down. I fabricated mounts for the seats using the factory bolts for the original seat. I still need to hook up the air to the seats. I just have to find the original post where to get the air from I know it goes on the emergency brake but I can't remember which one it is.

Sent from my Webslinger using Tapatalk
You can T into the drivers side tank rear port. Some are 1/2" some are 3/8" npt. You need to add a pressure protection valve and a pressure regulator before the seat. The post in in Juan's "major zippidty" thread. The rear line into the emergency brake is the feed for air from the spring take. The middle is a vent. The front is to the double check valve.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Went to a parade with a few other guys today and during the parade the electronic light switch decided to short out, lights flashing and nothing working right. Lucky I was near the end of the route and pulled over and killed the power and disconnected the plug from the back of the switch. It was getting hot but nothing burned up, caught it in time. Replaced the switch this afternoon with a 3 lever I had and everything is back to normal. While I was at it installed a few things I have been wanting to do. Installed a micro digital volt gauge in a custom housing. Works great. Also installed a spring latch to hold my flash light in the cab. It is designed to hold tools and brooms. Works pretty good. More to come soon.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks