• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

General Hood

Made my afternoon walk around of the MVs and noticed a large amount of my 5 ton hood insulation on the ground. Raised the hood and out popped a red fox. Remnants of a portion of the tomatoes from our garden half eaten on top the cummins. Does anyone know a source for replacement hood insulation at a reasonable price?
I caught this pic of the varmint casually making it's getaway

Screenshot_20170719-151607.png

Attachments

Another Ahab

Something new to learn every day:

- Just reading the other day that the Washington Redskins have a new linebacker squad.

- They're all about 300 pounds, and they're calling themselves the "Hogs 2.0".

But like fox eating pears, a lot of these new "Hogs" are all vegan. Who knew?!

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had two fox in the yard a few years ago. They liked our pears. I watched one of the fox climb up the tree and tightrope walk a limb about 5' off the ground to get the pears. Very impressive. Now before someone calls me out and says fox can't climb trees, our tree is not straight up and down, it Y's and it was enough they could climb it!

Last edited:

Another Ahab

I had two fox in the yard a few years ago. They liked our pears. I watched one of the fox climb up the tree and tightrope walk a limb about 5' off the ground to get the pears. Very impressive. Now before someone calls me out and says fox can't climb trees, our tree is not straight up and down, it Y's and it was enough they could climb it!
No, I believe you, never seen it myself but I believe you.

The gray fox does nothing BUT climb trees (never seen one but it sure would be cool if I did).

gottaluvit

They call that "roughage" in dietary terms.

It's recommended....

Say.

Wasn't there a thread around here a little earlier?
I recently replaced mine and mentioned it in this thread. I ended up getting a hood to rob the insulation and set the hood aside for the next tree falling on my truck in case it hits the hood. Jbulach had the hoods. Not sure if he still does or not.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry, mine are all gone. Somebody should have a pile of them though? Hopefully they didn't get scraped, or if they did someone saved the insulation...

Mos68x

Finally got my tailgate replaced. Took more hands than I had alone, and crane, a grinder, and BFH. Looks way better than my old mangled one did. It was certainly a pain but it was worth it. Don't think I would've tackled it if I didn't have the crane.
IMG_7707.jpg

someoldmoose

Novacaine, I know the world has changed , but thirty years ago " that car ran right into me Officer. What is wrong with folks ? " So glad there weren't tattletale cameras everywhere.

Last edited:

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Novacaine, well, at least it is their fault when they hit you.

I have found that human nature is to avoid a collision at all costs. I am polite (mostly) on the road. When I am pulling a long or heavy load, I think ahead, but sometimes, you can't predict everything. I have found about 1/2 the people here in TX will let you over when you need to get over ... the other half, well, they will suddenly yield when I nudge my way in. Sure, they honk and yell and their blood pressure goes through the roof, but AS LONG AS THEY SEE YOU, they usually yield.

I did have some kid in a sports car rush up into my lane as I was merging. Yeah, I saw him, but he also saw me merging. He lost control of his car because both hands were busy giving me the double middle finger. I swear, he came within an inch of eating my trailer. funny.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks