• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durango_USMC

Cpf240,

That answered my next question. Just got home from the shop... gave me fuel hose instead of vacuum hose. Any difference other than it being less flexible than the vacuum tubing?

85CUCVtom

Re: What have you done to your CUCV today/lately?

Installed new power steering lines. Looked like a walk in the park until I actually got my hands in there. The new lines had a slightly different bend on the hard line part. Nothing that a little tweaking and bending couldn't take care of though.

Durango_USMC

Tore apart the dash again... checked every bulb. Ive never been so bummed to not find a bad bulb. I fixed the little light above the voltmeter, cleaned voltmeter studs, still have the gen 2 issue.

Found this behind the vacuum pump when I was replacing the vacuum hoses... not sure why its taped up? Anyone know what these two wires go to?

Ended up replacing the vacuum lines with fuel line... not sire of that will cause an issue, they seem quite a bit more robust.

Attachments

allenhillview

Just retaped those as well, some acc. on these trucks I believe, gas particulate, arctic heater, etc, I may be totally off? Someone will pipe up and confirm, I do know its keyed for off with key off.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tore apart the dash again... checked every bulb. Ive never been so bummed to not find a bad bulb. I fixed the little light above the voltmeter, cleaned voltmeter studs, still have the gen 2 issue.

Found this behind the vacuum pump when I was replacing the vacuum hoses... not sure why its taped up? Anyone know what these two wires go to?

Ended up replacing the vacuum lines with fuel line... not sire of that will cause an issue, they seem quite a bit more robust.
That is the diode for the Water-In-Fuel circuit on the fuel fliter. It is taped up so it won't short out.

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed all new glow plugs, air filter, replaced left headlight bezel, right side headlight bulb and cleaned up all of the ground straps that I found while working. I did coat all connections with Di-electric grease also. I was happy to find out that my fuel gauge now works properly.

Bert

Attachments

Durango_USMC

Thanks Warthog! I wont mess with it then, that light still works! But I think Im going to run out and get a new alternator plug because mine looks kinda crispy. I just hope that short I had in wiring didnt fry the alternator when i tried to hook up the batteries.

hunderliggur

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368405368.253565.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368405384.503243.jpg
Finally got my electric A/C installed. I have a 2400W 24V inverter but the A/C only takes about 800W for 12K BTU. . Starting surge does max the inverter. Hot air discharge is between the sidewall skins - there are plenty of exits for the air. I'll have to park in the sun to see how we'll it works since it will be cool here the next couple of days.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 427996View attachment 427997
Finally got my electric A/C installed. I have a 2400W 24V inverter but the A/C only takes about 800W for 12K BTU. . Starting surge does max the inverter. Hot air discharge is between the sidewall skins - there are plenty of exits for the air. I'll have to park in the sun to see how we'll it works since it will be cool here the next couple of days.
Crude, but effective.

I just may have to do this.

I have a bunch of 5k-8k BTU portable units that look smaller than yours, for around the $100 mark around here.... add in a 3000W peak inverter for another $100, and I should be in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks