• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

3jumpjeep

Those computers are like women. You need another one to interpret and there's still no guarantee you get a straight answer. Usually you need to replace 'em.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Riverbend

Replaced Pintle hitch with receiver for std. hjitch so I can tow a camper, boy that dang thin had 12 bolts plus the 2" pintle bolt then added 12 volt trailer light connector

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting the truck started from cold was getting problematic; two or three cycles for the GPs, then crank and barely not catch, another GP cycle and then it would begrudgingly start.

Pulled out the ebay Bosch GPs and replaced them with AC Delco 60s instead. I tested the old ones after removing them; five tested at .5 ~ .6 ohms, one tested 53 ohms, another tested 230 ohms, and the bad boy was 700 something ohms.

I'll know if it's fixed tomorrow morning.

EDIT to add: Easy start this morning. One cycle of the GPs (the WAIT light stayed on a little longer than I remember it was previously) and fired after a few seconds of cranking.

Last edited:

BIGHOSS

lights lights lights,,,osram osram osram
aux driving lights 2 " pod scene lights (Blackoak led) 10" double row light bar (Blackoak led) - 10" single row light- for backup-(you guessed it Blackoak led)
and i was bored so i tied my blackout lights into the marker lamps, soldered ,shrinkwrapped , wrapped into the stock harness.

FIRST POST

Another Ahab

lights lights lights,,,
aux driving lights(Blackoak led) 10" double row light bar (Blackoak led) - 10" single row light- for backup-(you guessed it Blackoak led)
and i was bored so i tied my blackout lights into the marker lamps, soldered ,shrinkwrapped , wrapped into the stock harness.

FIRST POST
The Commonwealth of Virginia sends you a hearty welcome.

cucvrus

I tightened the Power Steering belt on my Mule M1009. I used it for spring gobbler season and I bagged my limit. It was an easy fix to a misdiagnosed issue I was having. But it does sound like a turkey call when the PS belt is slightly loose. The only time it gobbled was on cold start up. I ignored it for a year and was told it needed a power steering pump and others said the brake booster. Yesterday in the 65 degree weather I looked and found the PS belt slightly loose. That was easy. Back into topless weather again soon.

Attachments

Another Ahab

I tightened the Power Steering belt on my Mule M1009. I used it for spring gobbler season and I bagged my limit. It was an easy fix to a misdiagnosed issue I was having. But it does sound like a turkey call when the PS belt is slightly loose. The only time it gobbled was on cold start up. I ignored it for a year and was told it needed a power steering pump and others said the brake booster. Yesterday in the 65 degree weather I looked and found the PS belt slightly loose. That was easy. Back into topless weather again soon.
What are you shooting these days:

- Shotgun, or bow?

(PS The forecast is snow, like big snow; next week. :mrgreen::shrugs:)

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Both. This year we are going to be able to use assault type rifles in Deer season. They must have 5 round clips. That is a first for Pennsylvania.
A season restricted to mortars would be interesting (you know, limited to 75mm +/-).

But then, there wouldn't much left to dress out I guess.

Last edited:

RobM36A2

Well, I'm out of ideas..
Continuing from last week:
Found out after my parade, the transmission shifted rough and very late, the fluid was low, so I filled up.
Today, I went for a testdrive in town, did a few miles, also a lot of reversing action, checked the transmission fluid: A little above full, nice red in color and smelling normal.
Still late and rough shifts at little to medium action on the GO-pedal. Medium to almost full throttle, the shifts are smooth and late..

And then there is the flickering "wait" light, but i covered that, because of reasons..

Still had a good time, just driving around and listening to that 6.2 V8.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I'm out of ideas..
Continuing from last week:
Found out after my parade, the transmission shifted rough and very late, the fluid was low, so I filled up.
Today, I went for a testdrive in town, did a few miles, also a lot of reversing action, checked the transmission fluid: A little above full, nice red in color and smelling normal.
Still late and rough shifts at little to medium action on the GO-pedal. Medium to almost full throttle, the shifts are smooth and late..

And then there is the flickering "wait" light, but i covered that, because of reasons..

Still had a good time, just driving around and listening to that 6.2 V8.
Vacuum pump or vacuum line leaking been suggested already?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks