• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

cucvrus

I tend to dis agree on the lock up statement. If you leave your hands off the load sensing anti-lock system in the rear. The brakes will not ever lock up. I have NEVER locked up the brakes on a CUC/V pick up models. (M1008- M1031) Now if you are talking M1009 like in your avatar. Then yes I will agree. I have had the rear wheels lock on them in panic stop situations. Only time in a pickup is if the rear brakes have an issue. And 9 out of 10 it was leaking axle / hub seals.

Skull Glad I could help you out. I am right sometimes. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Assel

when going downhill in the quarry and slamming the brake harder than I should my ´09 will lock up all wheels pretty quick :p ..Never tried on a pickup since I dont own one or have someone with one around :(

Lizard Dog

Ordered ACDelco 12472199 GM Original Equipment Engine Oil Cooler Inlet Hose Kit with Nuts and Seal & ACDelco 12472200 GM Original Equipment Engine Oil Cooler Outlet Hose Kit with Nut and Seals for my O9 today. Hopes are they bolt/thread right on? That is after hopefully removing leakers without damaging anything. These two items came recommended here. Wish my luck :popcorn:
Good luck! I'll be interested to hear if the AC Delcos work. I ordered the Dorman lines for my truck, (625-155 & 624-154), and they did NOT fit. Ended up having the hoses custom made.

donalloy1

Good luck! I'll be interested to hear if the AC Delcos work. I ordered the Dorman lines for my truck, (625-155 & 624-154), and they did NOT fit. Ended up having the hoses custom made.
Will let you know Lizard Dog! Hundred dollar gamble? If not right I can return them. Local hose shop wants almost twice that and I cannot return....

SgtHaas

Well today I had to replace my heater core. The lower pipe snapped off leaking inside and out.... that was a fun adventure.... Oil cooler lines are next.

86k5

Well my bad vibration and transmission kicking its self out of gear was all transfer case related. Their was a bearing completely chewed up in the case. After opening the doner tcase and swapping the majority of the parts (i kept the blazer rear out put shaft, and the entire case). Rest of it come from a 80's suburban. 700r4 / np208. And now its back on the road. Still has vibration. But i think most of it was there before. I did ad the syncrizing gear to the blazer so id be able to shift 4H on the fly. But i cant seem to make that happen I dont know maybe it will free up. I have only drove it 15 miles since putting it back together.

nyoffroad

I swapped out the front springs and surprise! I didn't have any real problems! The only small problem was I used a heavy duty set with an extra leaf because of the snow plow and the two bolts on the passenger side that screw into the D.60 housing were to short. It only took a few minutes of digging and voila I found 2 brand new grade 8 bolts in the junk box. It pays to never throw anything away!
I got a great deal on the springs and u-bolts delivered to my door from Kansas City spring, $300 something and that was about half of what they wanted locally.

mperry

After a few days doing a bunch of "research" on here, I swapped all my glow plugs with AC60G plugs, new card and GP solenoid on Tuesday...Starts as designed. I checked it the next day at 30 degrees and it started on the first try and every time since. I love the knowledge and experience everyone shares on here.

Last edited:

latvius

Cut and modified my dashpad as it was covering my gauges up, I have to have the dashpad as it covers the huge crack in the dash.
I un-stitched the hem and sewed it back on with a sewing machine, I'm no tailor and it does not look like factory stitching but it's good enough most wont notice unless I point it out.

IMAG1045.jpg

Another Ahab

Cut and modified my dashpad as it was covering my gauges up, I have to have the dashpad as it covers the huge crack in the dash.
I un-stitched the hem and sewed it back on with a sewing machine, I'm no tailor and it does not look like factory stitching but it's good enough most wont notice unless I point it out.

View attachment 597051
Shoot, it looks great.

I mean it's a CUCV and not the Popemobile or something.

Nice job. [thumbzup]

Last edited:

cucvrus

What is brazed on the ashtray cover. Looks like 2 bolts. I have an aluminum piece from am M1009 that goes from the dash radio mount to the lower dash and says No Smoking. It is bolted fast and blocks off the ash tray. I had a couple that had the ash tray screwed shut with a No Smoking label crossing the ash tray. Just wondering.

Another Ahab

What is brazed on the ashtray cover. Looks like 2 bolts. I have an aluminum piece from am M1009 that goes from the dash radio mount to the lower dash and says No Smoking. It is bolted fast and blocks off the ash tray. I had a couple that had the ash tray screwed shut with a No Smoking label crossing the ash tray. Just wondering.
That strategy sounds good on paper, but of course that will never stop any smoker from smoking.

But you can just picture the staff officers who thought the idea up patting themselves on the back for being so clever about it.

cigs.jpg

Last edited:

latvius

Yes it is two bolts brazed to it, my memory is going. I remember it had something goofy bolted to it. I wasn't sure of the purpose and it was in the way so I removed it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks