• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maintenance is never wrong ........ the reason for the wiperblades phenomenon are the capacitors ......... here at steelsoldiers it has often been advised to remove them if that bothers you.
The best example was my M1008 ...... new AC Delco wiper motor ....... everything was also lubricated .......... and what was slow at the beginning and then became faster after a short time ?
My M1009 that I bought from Cucvrus ....... also a new wiper motor and everything is lubricated and adjusted ........... and guess what comes next .......

LT67

Maintenance is never wrong ........ the reason for the wiperblades phenomenon are the capacitors ......... here at steelsoldiers it has often been advised to remove them if that bothers you.
The best example was my M1008 ...... new AC Delco wiper motor ....... everything was also lubricated .......... and what was slow at the beginning and then became faster after a short time ?
My M1009 that I bought from Cucvrus ....... also a new wiper motor and everything is lubricated and adjusted ........... and guess what comes next .......
The wiper motor on my 86 M1008 is like that. I guess it just needs to wake up and get coffee before usage...

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wipers start out slow initially, then come up to normal after two or three sweeps. The capacitors were disconnected years ago.

The park feature doesn't work either. If I clean the connections really well it'll work properly a few times then very shortly the wipers will stop wherever they are when the switch is moved to off. 🤷‍♂️

Keith_J

Wiper motor draws 8 amperes at max speed. Funny as the blower draws 15 amperes.

If draw is more than 8 amperes, there is either an alignment issue or the motor has thrown a winding.

cucvrus

I would also recommend that the hood and cowl be disassembled and everything cleaned and painted. The hood hinges and the wiper transmission are in dry and poor condition at this time on any CUCV that has never been taken apart cleaned and lubricated with grease and oil. No spray lubricants. But if the park is inoperable I would replace the motor first. lets hope the column switch is not bad. That is a serious job replacing that switch. I done it but I wouldn't want to do it again. I would if I was paid to do it but it is tedious and time consuming requiring removal of the entire steering column to do it correctly and keep everything in alignment. Good Luck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I finally did something. Removed the rear driveshaft and skidplate on my SECM clone M1008. Drained the transfer case and made a little mess then found I didn't have any absorbent. Need to go fetch some. Finally going to remove the broken SM465 and put the NV4500 in.

the skull

Did that when I had 74 K10. What they didn't tell me was the annual tag fee was triple the cost of a normal tag when it came time to renew every year..
Oh, that's terrible. My tag cost me $35.25, came with a temp til the real thing shows up in the mail, and is good until 2050. That registration will probably outlast me and the truck both.

dougco1

Oh, that's terrible. My tag cost me $35.25, came with a temp til the real thing shows up in the mail, and is good until 2050. That registration will probably outlast me and the truck both.
Wow - here in New York Historic tags cost $28.75 "yearly". That will cost me $833.75 by 2050 "if they don't raise the rates"

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You need to weld up a rack and get a bunch of suitcase weights for the nose of that truck......unless that's the look your after.
It's only temporary. There's a lot of weight in the bed and on the trailer right now. That weight will be gone mostly today at the scrap yard...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks