• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is some in stock.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drove on the beach a week ago.
Past couple days it's rained pretty good, some of the roads had water over them.
I used it as an opportunity to rinse the undercarriage of the truck.

Turns out, the holes from the RedDot system wires WILL allow water in, and if you're going fast enough it will splash off the ceiling and all over you.

Chief B

I drove on the beach a week ago.
Past couple days it's rained pretty good, some of the roads had water over them.
I used it as an opportunity to rinse the undercarriage of the truck.

Turns out, the holes from the RedDot system wires WILL allow water in, and if you're going fast enough it will splash off the ceiling and all over you.
I had some big holes with wires coming through them in mine as well. I plan on putting grommets in, but in the meantime I used liquid electrical tape to fill the holes and keep the wires from rubbing. Working great. Keeps the big splashes out when playing in water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ajax MD

Every journey begins with the first step-

I replaced the burned out headlight and selected the site where I'll attach the center-line rear-view mirror. I pulled the gauges and cleaned caked-on dirt from the translucent bodies so that the night illumination will actually illuminate the gauges.

Tomorrow, I'll install reverse lights and the switch on the shifter.

Chief B

It might have been easier if you dropped the brush guard! :)
It really IS nearly impossible with something up there (but it can be done)… one of the hinges on my hood will not come out so I had to do mine with my hood on and that was a nightmare! This is the reason that I do not want to take it back off right now. I need to get to the hose that goes to the fan clutch, but have been unable to reach it so I know one day soon I will have to take that stack loose again. :(

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It really IS nearly impossible with something up there (but it can be done)… one of the hinges on my hood will not come out so I had to do mine with my hood on and that was a nightmare! This is the reason that I do not want to take it back off right now. I need to get to the hose that goes to the fan clutch, but have been unable to reach it so I know one day soon I will have to take that stack loose again. :(
I got to the QD end of mine under the truck. It wasn't fun but doable.

Wire Fox

Next time you mess with that hose, install the quick detach coupler. You'll be praising yourself for that official mod every time you look at it. Makes it possible to quickly disconnect the clutch without losing any fluid or needing to bleed the system.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Crapgame

Got my two GMVs just before I left on Christmas break. So far, all 4 batteries were toast, got in one pair of Hawkers after New Years, power washed that truck a couple times, removed the tin roof for cleaning and turret kit installation. Its starting to look like a GMV again. Tin roof is heavier than it looks, won't do that again even with another person to help, I paid for that in pain a few days. I'd sooner strap my Harbor Freight hoist to tree branch for removal/installation of tin roof and turret kits.

Another pair of Hawkers due this Monday so I can move the CIF truck for power washing and rehab. This one has two original Military Systems Group Assault Cargo Rail kits going on the wheelhouses but I have to make some minor alterations to fit them to the 3 piece GMV C Pillar.

Both trucks the ceiling foam padding has deteriorated to dust, had black dust all over everything so another job for the power washer. I was given a link to the OEM foam manufacturer , I have templates made for the 5 pieces, will buy the foam by the short roll, use an electric knife to cut along the templates.

Ajax MD

Replaced blown headlight, installed interior rearview mirror, adjusted transfer case shifter to get it to engage Hi-lock and get the marks lined up and lastly, installed a complete reverse light kit and LEDs.

Tomorrow, I'll pressure wash the whole truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks