• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

tbeson

Curious, I did not see an H1 radiator on Jegs, what part number did you order?

EDIT, OK I see it now, that is the same Champion I am using on my DuraVee that 3 core has the same cooling capacity as a 6 core copper radiator, 425HP and no coolant heating issues, scuttlebutt is they will eventually crack but that is from someone selling a radiator for over 5X the price, could have gotten the same thing on fleabay 10 bucks cheaper and free shipping.
I will keep your contact in mind and follow up once I get it in and running. Running stock engine, so should last at least a few years with out any issues. I have had a few issues with the Bay, I prefer to deal with Jeggs or bigger firms, they return and credit your account the same day you call or have a problem, the admin at the bay never answer their phones, all they want to do is sit back and collect money and not provide any customer service.

kungflu72

Also have a question for you guys. New to the forum and wondering what the rules are for posting pictures with some of my arsenal on here? I built a pintle mount for my M82 on the rack of the my M1123. I can't have a maw duece on it, but I still like having a 50 up there! Also like showing it off.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also have a question for you guys. New to the forum and wondering what the rules are for posting pictures with some of my arsenal on here? I built a pintle mount for my M82 on the rack of the my M1123. I can't have a maw duece on it, but I still like having a 50 up there! Also like showing it off.
Really nice work! About posting pics, I post full size images because it’s really hard to view on my phone. The bottom header takes up most of the screen and you can’t see what you want to see very well. This is what I seeA4513A0E-1E66-4DE3-BBFD-938256053A86.png

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Almost finished my M1123 build. Its not totally original. I'm not a HMMWV purist. I build it how I want to, and enjoy it. Still need an Ibis Tek front bumper. Trying to find one that I don't need to sell my kidney's to purchase. May just fab one out of steel.
A real beauty there Clark!! 👍👍👍

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got around to replacing the 1993 Goodyear tires on the DuraVee with the brand new BFGs with 24 bolt wheels and bead locks (no run flats)
I think the burn out thrill has pretty much subsided
Pretty big difference at 70 and above for sure, no balance just the Centramatics.
BFGs.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Almost finished my M1123 build. Its not totally original. I'm not a HMMWV purist. I build it how I want to, and enjoy it. Still need an Ibis Tek front bumper. Trying to find one that I don't need to sell my kidney's to purchase. May just fab one out of steel.

Curious as to what you have mounted inside the box in the top middle of the windshield?

Looks like a modified bracket for the satelitte antenna blue force tracker.

twisted60

Got my new to me M1152 delivered Monday night 04 Oct 21, yesterday she got a bath, new glow plugs (all old ones tested dead) and fluid levels checked, today she got new eng oil and filter and she heard my expletives while I tried to put a new serpentine belt on, yes its the correct one (I hope), checked the parts manual twice and checked on here, got the same number so It'll fit I just need to try begging (cussing didn't work) after belt is on, new fuel filter, fresh fuel already in, batteries and fire dept on speed dial, then I hope she'll start. Shes got a KDS start box, I hope it's good and not the cause of fried glow plugs, new start box in my parts supply and more glow plugs on the way so she'll run just maybe not as soon as I hoped. I'll make up a ground wire setup, I've made 2 so far for other humvee's so now it's M1152's turn, I've got plenty of time no SF97 yet, don't expect it for a couple months. I'll attach a pic of her in my driveway.
l3Ea38zGSAaDrPMVKSzwTQ.jpg

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I finished my windshields and it’s a night and day difference. I didn’t use new gaskets but I will when I get it painted. Best 83.00 dollars I have spent on it so far. Driver side in passenger side sand blasted courtesy of Yermo 03FEF34C-1FFA-4301-90D9-F5FA708C86C0.jpeg

kungflu72

Curious as to what you have mounted inside the box in the top middle of the windshield?

Looks like a modified bracket for the satelitte antenna blue force tracker.
Its a thermal camera out of a Cadillac. Modified a Blue Force Tracker mount to house the thermal. It works really well. I can put a privacy screen on the display and use it and the IR lights to drive with NODS. I am going to install the camera in a different location soon. I decided to go with running it in an Ibis Tek bumper instead of the Blue Force mount. It is a never ending obsession, modifying this beast! All of the things I wanted to do to one when I was in the Corps, I can do to my own now.

MattNC

I finished taking as many dents as possible from the M1102 I bought, powerwashing the live ammo and mud out of the bed, and painting it. Got it done just in time to haul the boys baseball team in the fireman’s parade.

Attachments

twisted60

Won the battle of the serpentine belt today, it was easy once I removed the splash guard, put a pair of 6tl batteries in, new fuel filter, and my "non runner" became a runner. Next service the hubs, build and install a ground harness, install the 2 man top and doors, investigate the oil pressure issue, fix a couple small leaks in the fuel system, try to fix blower fan, charge the A/C then later down the road a paint job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks