• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is another wider shot. I drilled new holes in the top of the TMG supplied bracket, putting the mounting holes in the center of the width of the bracket. This allowed me to mount the bracket a little farther back from the surface. This let me nest the plate just behind the pad eye.
Bulldogger
image.jpg

Last edited:

HUMVEE1

I added AC. Works....sort of.
Cools truck but not like an F350 Ford where cold air is blowing on my face.
8000 BTU min and I will probably mout the gen on a hitch mount rack.
Cant hear the gem on the highway. Can't hear the truck at a stoplight. Sort of cancel each other out !

Attachments

Last edited:

hummer4x4guy

Cant hear the gem on the highway. Can't hear the truck at a stoplight. Sort of cancel each other out !
Lol!! That's thinking and that looks easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another Ahab

There "ain't" no air conditioning like red neck air conditioning:

Air_Conditioner_RedneckLincoln2MO.jpg

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took her for her first joyride last night! Gassed (well, dieseled) up along the way. Pulling into a gas station in a HMMWV is a surefire conversation starter.

She ran pretty well, and nothing fell off that I couldn't do without. I was startled the first couple of times the cooling fan kicked in, but thanks to this site I already knew it could be loud. Now I know what that noise is.

There weren't too many strange noises otherwise.

This weekend I will dig out that broken extractor in the trans pan bolt, go hog wild with the grease gun, do the minor lube points with 3:1 oil, and order seals for the hub open and inspect. I might also dig into the non-working horn issue, and figure out if it's electrical or mechanical.

Now that she's tagged and insured (hooray, USAA only added $10/mo to my policy to add a HMMWV) I will do occasional drives to get to know her and shakedown (literally) for longer drives.

Next weekend I will take my first ride with my 7yo son, I hope. He should love it!

Bulldogger

Another Ahab

Now that she's tagged and insured (hooray, USAA only added $10/mo to my policy to add a HMMWV) I will do occasional drives to get to know her and shakedown (literally) for longer drives.

Bulldogger
What's that, like an additional $0.33 a day?!

That there sounds pretty reasonable, nice deal.

Lawdog734

Next weekend I will take my first ride with my 7yo son, I hope. He should love it!

Bulldogger
Apart from wanting a vehicle that I had when I was in the military, that's the reason I got mine - making memories. My son is the same age as your son and he helps me turn wrenches from time to time and absolutely loves going for rides.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks