• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Action

So, if you don't want to involve the police, then give them all the money back and buy her a car. IT WAS YOUR FAULT! Speed is not a factor of fault. And previous driving habits have nothing to do with your buddy backing in front of her.
What is your insurance company and where do you live?

And, I also assume that your humvee was sold for OFF ROAD USE ONLY? So you probably didnt want the popo involved either?

Last edited:

ari

built a light bar and a radio box both work nicely at some point I will cut 2 holes in the top of the box and put cup holders on it. hmmwv2.jpghmmwv1.jpg

74M35A2

He doesn't need to tell you his insurance or where he lives. Excessive speed is always a fault factor. Speed limits are established for the safe stopping distance of a given environment. A driver always needs to be in control of their vehicle. You may have to prove they are speeding though. If this was a kid rolling out into the street on a bicycle and the Hyundai hit the kid, the car is at fault, especially since it is in a residential region. Also, at least in MI, insured vs uninsured is always sided with insured since it is a requirement to have, who is at fault is second to that and actually doesn't matter because it is a "no fault" state. Any accident which is covered via just the cost of vehicle repair parts is a very fortunate situation for all involved. The Hyundai pulling out of their driveway without insurance to begin with means nobody is fixing or buying her a car, ever, for any reason whatsoever. That would lose in court in the first 20 seconds. They know this, and that is why they paid.

Last edited:

Mike82ndABN

Lol, let me get this straight, if i see someone speeding and they are on the road and have the right of way, I can pull out in front of them so they t-bone me and I get paid?

Also, if you guys saw her speeding, why did you keep backing? Something seems strange here.

74M35A2

Yes, would have to be able to prove they were speeding though. Because, if they were not speeding, it may not have been pulling out in front of them.

BLK HMMWV

Hey Infidel
Take the hint that was passed on to you by the mod.
Get back to the topic of the thread.
You want to get into a pissing match do it someplace else.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a new windshield washer pump. Also began the hub service. More details on that in my Alexandria thread.
Bulldogger

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you find the correct pump for the cleaner reservoir?
It was off the auction site. Listed as correct part, but being sold from a liquidator and has no NSN markings on it (the NSN is in the listing, I found it via search). I suspect a knockoff, but I got it for $30 delivered, so if it lasts just a coupla years I'm satisfied.

Other sources wanted >$100 for it, which seemed pretty high for a washer pump.

Bulldogger

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks