• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Action,
Interesting question. For some reason I thought they were to be tightened to 35 foot-pounds. In reviewing the TM again I see you are quite correct and they should only go to 15 foot-pounds. So the mistake was mine. I hope this means my torque wrench is okay, I suppose it does.
I will make a point of remembering this for the last two hubs.
Bulldogger

hummer4x4guy

Making progress on the tach install. Not using the channel that comes in the kit as it is less functional than the original. Drilling a hole for the wires and install a grommet or the sharp edge trim that comes in the kit and I should be set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Predator42

I recently ordered an overhead console that came with 2 speakers, an amplifier, an overhead dome light and two additional expansion switches. I then added my own 24v-12V down converter which leads to a fuse box and out to two more switches and a terminal to run some other accessories. This makes plug and play for any future 12v items a snap. I also completed my frame work on the 3/4 top and installed a canvas cover for now. Now I can plug in my phone and listen to music, listen to FM radio, and climb up on my roof to tie things down like my trusty wavewalk kayak IMG_2551.jpgIMG_2552.jpgIMG_2556.jpgIMG_2575.jpg

Bobthebuilder

Anyone got any recommendations on installing the high back passenger seat in the hmmwv? Does it mount directly to the battery cover box or is there a seat slider that it gets mounted to first. Can see how it's possible otherwise considering the battery cover gets installed at an angle.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The high back kit had a special battery box cover plate to bolt the seat to. It is leaning against the R wall in picture SEATDUCE.jpg there is another closer picture of it here, where I used it on my springer base #21

Action

Anyone got any recommendations on installing the high back passenger seat in the hmmwv? Does it mount directly to the battery cover box or is there a seat slider that it gets mounted to first. Can see how it's possible otherwise considering the battery cover gets installed at an angle.
Yes, the plate against the wall fits between the battery cover and the seat. You also should install the piece at the bottom right of that pic, that is at an angle. It attaches to the back of the battery box and hold the lip (against floor in pic) of that stiffener plate. It makes it less likely to rip the seat off moving forward.

hummer4x4guy

The tach kit is completely done on the body side. Once the body is back on the frame I'll be able to hook up the last wires to the alternator and it will be complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Refurbished left rear hub. Was easier than front hubs. Not as dirty and hadn't lost seal/gasket integrity.
One hub left to go.
Bdgr

Attachments

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finished RnR on the last hub late yesterday. Painted this morning.

All four are done now. Only one that had lost seal for sure.

Now to to tackle the sluggish throttle response and begin doing cosmetic and cleaning.

Will take my my son off-roading soon!

bulldogger

Attachments

Lawdog734

I added a fording intake and exhaust to the truck along with a tube brushgaurd. It's not the full fording kit, but gives me the look of a Marine truck. I've since blasted and refinished the brushguard.

20160731_195751_zps5m6bjxlq.jpg

I then figured out that my wife's Cricut is able to print out convincing lettering for a Marine truck. I have it done up as a truck from my old unit 1st Battalion, 2nd Marines, Weapons Company.

Resized_20160804_185108_zpsjersn7eg.jpeg

20160805_174531_zps39nvlhvb.jpg

Finally, I picked up a few more items for the GMV build I'm doing with my other truck.

20160808_183432_zpsdv0ca5cs.jpg

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I added a fording intake and exhaust to the truck along with a tube brushgaurd. It's not the full fording kit, but gives me the look of a Marine truck. I've since blasted and refinished the brushguard.

Finally, I picked up a few more items for the GMV build I'm doing with my other truck.

View attachment 637947
obi-wan.jpg
You don't want those parts....send them to Me.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks