• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Just installed 24 bolt wheels and Rhino Tire carrier.

24 Bolts.jpg

If anyone is interested in the 12 bolt wheels/tire with less than 200 miles on them and a Ibis tire carrier just PM

Last edited:

charlietango

Today I dreamt about mine.... need to apply for an EUC (as a Canadian) and I haven't done that for years. Here's to hoping it goes through! I'll likely end up buying one from a private seller who has a title. I will own one...just a matter of when! Cheers ��

infidel got me

After chasing a coolant fan problem for a few days I finally fixed it. Bad time delay module. The fan kicks on after 220, closer to 230-- I'm going to hit it with my heatgun today and see where it really is. I hate when gauges read at the edge of their limits, but if that's the way it is I guess I'll have to live with it.

NormB

"The things on the to-do list for this step of the project are to pull the rubber from the back of the doghouse, and hushmat the back then put the rubber back on. As well as hushmat some of the hood directly under the windshield."

I suspect you've gotten this installed already. Any tips on getting the NEW gasket stretched enough to FIT the doghouse?

Thanks in advance.

Norm

"The things on the to-do list for this step of the project are to pull the rubber from the back of the doghouse, and hushmat the back then put the rubber back on. As well as hushmat some of the hood directly under the windshield."

I suspect you've gotten this installed already. Any tips on getting the NEW gasket stretched enough to FIT the doghouse?

Thanks in advance.

Norm
I actually haven't had much time to work on the truck, so this is still on the to do list.

infidel got me

drain plug.jpgWorked on my hub drain plugs. One actually came out with allen wrench. Drilled centers out, the used an ez-out to remove. Took a little over two hours. Installed new plugs that take a 5/8 wrench to remove. Snugged tight-- not put back with a 1/2 inch breaker bar. Oh and Happy T-day

rhinob

More photos of the ATTBAR. Completely installed now. Painting left to do. I'm adding a Red Dot (configuration suggestions/links for the evaporator requested), an arctic heater, 200 amp alternator, and a grounding kit.

Attachments

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let's see,, added IBIS Tek light bar, radio tray with lockable ammo can glovebox , milemarker winch, Brush guard and tachometer kit to the new Shop truck.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like that new shifter Fllaw.

I took apart my cadillac valve to try to get my fan working correctly again. Didn't see anything wrong w the valve but after bleeding all air from it and driving a few miles my
fan is declutching now. Have to drive farther to see that it turns on at high temp.

So so far so good.

I showed the hmmwv to a neighbor down down the road who has not only a deuce but, as it turned out a 1942 G503 in the garage. He wants to sell the deuce to get money for a deeper restoration on the Jeep. So.... I made an offer and he's thinking about it. The deuce has good bones, motor, brakes, but is crusty otherwise. If he can't find a little better deal, I might get a deuce for Christmas.

Bulldogger

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks