• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

big block 88

Holy **** i never saw any humvees done up like that. We did have some rhinos that had the tores covered like that.

Speaking of which i would love to have a rhinorunner.

ryanruck

Holy **** i never saw any humvees done up like that. We did have some rhinos that had the tores covered like that.

Speaking of which i would love to have a rhinorunner.
Probably Iraqi or Kurdish trucks being used against ISIS. They can get um... "Creative"...

Some pics of trucks from the retaking of Mosul from back in October.

29908267133_ded4abe815_oa.jpg MtWe6sh.jpg 30818374415_bb070eaef3_oa.jpg 2NlPeh3.jpg I5YkRXa.jpg 7276328-3x2-940x627.jpg yfdFZzs.jpg

big block 88

Well i will be danged. Interesting, it remind me of a welder i met in iraq, he was a local national. My civi 8 ton had its nose plate armor fall off after an interesting night movement i pulled in after the bird bath and i tell him i have an hour before we move out and get it fixed. He gets right to it, i come back from the defac and want to inspect his work as i am welder by trade state side. I go over and he is melting rod to the truck and plate. Welds look great and im confident it will hold up fine under another big hit. The thing is this guy is welding with NO HOOD. Just sunglasses he has doubled up lenses on there was hoods layin around all over and ask him why not use them? Says he cant see with them on, its the first time i see his eyes and the are almost all pure white no color left on the pupil.

ryanruck

Well i will be danged. Interesting, it remind me of a welder i met in iraq, he was a local national. My civi 8 ton had its nose plate armor fall off after an interesting night movement i pulled in after the bird bath and i tell him i have an hour before we move out and get it fixed. He gets right to it, i come back from the defac and want to inspect his work as i am welder by trade state side. I go over and he is melting rod to the truck and plate. Welds look great and im confident it will hold up fine under another big hit. The thing is this guy is welding with NO HOOD. Just sunglasses he has doubled up lenses on there was hoods layin around all over and ask him why not use them? Says he cant see with them on, its the first time i see his eyes and the are almost all pure white no color left on the pupil.
:shock:

The Third World, where's there's generally no translation for the word "safety". :mrgreen:

Kaz

I wonder if some of those mods push the weight capacity as much as they look. lol

I've welded with doubled up shades before (there are no shop supplied masks at work, I don't normally do any welding, and the guy who ususally loans me his was gone; I'm not just a nimrod) and it didn't work worth a ****.

big block 88

Lol these were sunglasses with extra lens taped around the edges. But i can tell you his welds held for 7 months before mortar rounds left that truck fubar and retired to the caniblize yard.

Sorry to derail you humvee guys thread, i just found that armoring interesting lol.

BLK HMMWV

OK
Here is the title of this thread.
"What have you done to your HMMWV Today / Lately"

Now this has nothing to do with the thread.
Also it serves no purpose on this board.
I know this is going to come as a shock to some people but just because you can post something doesn't mean you should post them.
Why would you think posting that would be informative and to whom.
We all watch the news.

ari

You are right it doesn't. however why post pics of home brew Iraqi armor under this thread and you not question that? Keeping it interesting.

ari

Wow didn't think an awareness poster with current enemy tactics regarding trucks in earlier posts would offend so many. My bad.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back on topic now....installed a new injector pump into the military police HMMWV, runs perfect now.
prior to this it was idling rough and would die when cold if revved...I spent more time going through the rest of the truck then I did putting in a new pump. But I did find a very weak fuel pump.

Wire Fox

With the warmer weather, I looked and found that my old 60 Amp alt is toast. Due to "it's too cold out here and I want to be back inside" issues I had been facing, I never noticed that one of the mounting ears and the terminals are broken off, so this thing is pretty much just salvage value. Currently looking at a much nicer N1225-2 to drive and pick up, plus a mounting kit.

Installed a new washer pump while I was in there on account of not having one. Also finally got all the parts in to get the Luverne Grill Guard installed properly: all four rubber vibration dampers from Luverne and the four detent locking pins I nabbed off the fleabay as some leftover Fastenal package deal. $10 for five delivered is much better than $5.50 each plus shipping... The newer style rubber dampers are actually quite nice. I had one old one that was left on there that was a solid block. The new ones have a hole molded through the middle of it, so it's significantly easier for the block to flex and come on and off the bracket. I love how rock-solid this guard is now with the right size pins and dampeners.

Last edited:

Tornadogt

Back on topic now....installed a new injector pump into the military police HMMWV, runs perfect now.
prior to this it was idling rough and would die when cold if revved...I spent more time going through the rest of the truck then I did putting in a new pump. But I did find a very weak fuel pump.
A weak fuel pump is something I have not seen brought up before. But I had a chevy3500 truck with a 6.5 from the factory the lift pump would only put about 4-5 psi to the back of the injection pump at idle, when under full throttle it would drop to 0. The truck still ran fine but I did not like it so I installed a Holley "blue" electric fuel pump without a regulator and it would maintain 12-15psi all the time and ran much better.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even with a bad fuel pump, the injector pump will draw from the tank, problem is that it really strains the pump and pretty much guarantees early failure. In my case, I has very very low fluid flow upon bleeding after a filter change, put in a new pump and night and day difference.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks