• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Wire Fox

Pressure washed the whole thing and de-greased the engine. View attachment 671394View attachment 671395
I've been degreasing mine as I go. Certainly am I bit envious that your's is all done in one sweep. My worst section, by far, was all around the brake reservoir. Not entirely sure why it had a half-inch-thick layer of grease on everything around there. Heck, even the bottom of the oil pan and area around the filter was just a thin coat...

Gear Report

I have been chasing this idea for a while......please shoot a back shot so I can get an idea of how to come up with a mount.
Last reply to this, I promise. :)
I was inspired by the fabricated mount that Bravojmc posted and tried a new mounting method this morning that just required drilling a hole in the "button" that is supposed to be glued to the glass and tiny bit of filing. Worked GREAT... so I updated the article to show step-by-step pics of how to do it.
http://gear-report.com/diy-humvee-upgrade-how-to-install-rear-view-mirror-in-hmmwv
HMMWV_upgrade_Rear_View_mirror (16).jpg

ruSSrt

Does she run now? ;)
i tried to be very careful and removed batteries before i did that. I'm going to let it "rest" under cover for this weekend before i start doing anything else. Making sure it'll dry everywhere.

I've been degreasing mine as I go. Certainly am I bit envious that your's is all done in one sweep. My worst section, by far, was all around the brake reservoir. Not entirely sure why it had a half-inch-thick layer of grease on everything around there. Heck, even the bottom of the oil pan and area around the filter was just a thin coat...
Yes, it looks like a little cove and it was coated with 1/4 inch mix of sand dust and oil/break fluid. It came off after couple quick passes. I'm going to degrees undercarriage after i get it running again. I'll have to find a place where i can lift it or get smaller wand to get underneath it.

I have always found that careful degreasing using a pressure washer hooked up to HOT water does a super effective job in 1/4 the time.

Best.

T
Unfortunately didn't have ability to hook it up to hot water, but was very careful and gently with the pressure. Although was pretty aggressive to the parts that didn't have wires or rubber hoses around. Like upper part of the bellhousing and back of the engine.

jake-cutter

Never seen Go Light mounting brackets like that before. Those look good up there.
They are nice and I can't find anything out about them other than the paperwork they came with. But they work and seem to stabilize the lightbar too. I really like the plug and play with not having to drill holes. Below is a pic of the passenger side with some rough measurement.

~

Attachments

florky

i tried to be very careful and removed batteries before i did that. I'm going to let it "rest" under cover for this weekend before i start doing anything else. Making sure it'll dry everywhere.

Yes, it looks like a little cove and it was coated with 1/4 inch mix of sand dust and oil/break fluid. It came off after couple quick passes. I'm going to degrees undercarriage after i get it running again. I'll have to find a place where i can lift it or get smaller wand to get underneath it.

Unfortunately didn't have ability to hook it up to hot water, but was very careful and gently with the pressure. Although was pretty aggressive to the parts that didn't have wires or rubber hoses around. Like upper part of the bellhousing and back of the engine.

I got this for undercarriage - works great!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0065OYYQQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
61p7sTTtW3L__SL1500_.jpg

kzeyus

Have a part number or a source?

They are nice and I can't find anything out about them other than the paperwork they came with. But they work and seem to stabilize the lightbar too. I really like the plug and play with not having to drill holes. Below is a pic of the passenger side with some rough measurement.

~

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks