• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Action

I fixed a dumb mistake I made with setting up the linkages on the transfercase and it looks like mine is going to be just fine. Offers self a small round of a applause.

After that, I decided to sit in my HMMWV during an absolute downpour to see where it leaked. Naturally, water comes in through the vinyl window that has a large hole in it, but aside from that, it seemed like the only major spot was the grommet that that washer fluid pump wires pass through. That grommet is way undersized for the hole-despite being what came with the original pump. So, I either need to find a larger grommet or use some RTV to seal it in. ...or I could just let rain literally pour in on top of my foot.
Water will find more ways in while driving on rain. Under and above windshield frame if seals are rotten.

infidel got me

I fixed a dumb mistake I made with setting up the linkages on the transfercase and it looks like mine is going to be just fine. Offers self a small round of a applause.

After that, I decided to sit in my HMMWV during an absolute downpour to see where it leaked. Naturally, water comes in through the vinyl window that has a large hole in it, but aside from that, it seemed like the only major spot was the grommet that that washer fluid pump wires pass through. That grommet is way undersized for the hole-despite being what came with the original pump. So, I either need to find a larger grommet or use some RTV to seal it in. ...or I could just let rain literally pour in on top of my foot.
Yes you better seal that up, and silicone around the bulkhead connector that goes to your smartbox. The donut gasket does not keep water out!!

NormB

Bolted fabricated NMO mount to truck. Antenna is a Comet2x4 SR NMO w/spring. Ground plane's the entire truck.

Have a Kenwood TM-V71A with MARS mod. I'll get hooked up soon.

Also soaked left side exhaust manifold bolts with Kroil, ran engine, cooled, ran again in preparation for removing broken stud. Sometime real soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bravojmc

I installed a "IR Light" tonight. The seller on Fleebay will tell you that it's a bolt on and it's NOT!
but it's an easy install. Remove other devise, remove bracket, move bracket forward 1 1/2", install light.
Also you will need female packard fitting to put on the factory existing ground wire that's got a grounding eyelet.
IMG_7203.jpg

Gear Report

IMG_20170401_194247698.jpgIMG_20170401_193752116_HDR.jpgIMG_20170401_192908086.jpgIMG_20170401_191547642.jpgIMG_20170401_181335927.jpgIMG_20170401_135425495.jpgIMG_20170401_123912774.jpgPrep, primer, LizardSkin Sound Control, installed rear doors, swapped rear seat bases onto high back seats. It was a busy day for the Battlewagon.
Back at it tomorrow with LizardSkin Ceramic Coating.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks