• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Lawdog734

perfect thanks! So you just bolted it to the rear fender?
It's notched to fit in the bed at the 90 degree angle that makes the fender wall and bed floor. I had to drill holes and bolt it to the bed floor. I've also seen them bolted to the top of the fender so the tire hangs over the side as well as on the bed shelf, as in the previous picture.

Lawdog734

But one more... how does your steel whip antenna and base work? Reason I ask is I have the same base and antenna that needs to be installed...
I did the modification to that allows it to be used with a CB - it's worked flawlessly with it so far. I wanted to keep the "military" appearance, while still allowing for vehicle to vehicle comms when driving the trails, etc. I've got the CB tucked away so it's not readily visible and it provides all the distance I typically need.

therooster2001

What have I done to my HMMWV? Nothing. Colorado auctions are brutal, and not just for HMMWV's. I watched another lot go by. They went over 2K above what seems to be relatively normal elsewhere. I've ranted about this before. I had to get my MKT from 3 states over, paid the same amount to ship it, and it still beat the ones 23 miles from me, same with my DRASH trailer. And just because I'm on a roll of a rant, I am having a bear of a time with trucking things. I can't get professionals to call me back. No one seems to have "ramps" either. Its funny because the same people who are affiliated with GP, are completely ignorant of the fact that the industry seems like it just flat out doesn't do ramps, yet every single auction requests the need for them.

:deadhorse:

Ok. I'm done. Thanks to all the members who have helped [thumbzup] and for the people on this thread that are pulling me closer to getting more iron (can we say that about aluminum HMMWV's?) in the family. Remember folks, it's not where do I put that MV, or how will I title it. The problem is I don't have one. That's the issue to solve first.

ruSSrt

hey guys. Pulled a big hose off CDR valve today and tons of oil came out. not very familiar with that whole system. I know that my cummins has catch can that catches residue. But on HMMWV with fording kit installed (was already there when i got it)
What are my options? should i get a new valve or are there bigger issues?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hey guys. Pulled a big hose off CDR valve today and tons of oil came out. not very familiar with that whole system. I know that my cummins has catch can that catches residue. But on HMMWV with fording kit installed (was already there when i got it)
What are my options? should i get a new valve or are there bigger issues?

The can does retain some oil. I don't think that is a problem. The fording cdr's are scarce to find as they have an extra hose.

infidel got me

Congratulations ! Looks really good ! I assuming you did the prep and paint yourself. Can please share the process you followed and cost?

PS: It looks like you did not use the Behr house paint. The finish looks glossy on your HMMWV.

McReddy
Mcreddy- I did do the prep work myself First pressure wash truck- remove everything you want to paint or not paint, I machine sand the hood with 180 grit sand paper, I wet sand the rest of the truck with 180 then follow with 220. The prep. is the most important part. I painted it with tractor supply massy fergusion grey.U sed about 3/4 of a gallon. Total of three coats. Disassembly, assembly, cleaning, taping, and prep is what takes all the time- painting takes about 2 to 3 hours... Material cost was around $200 and I charged $1500 You can dull it down by add a 1/2 quart of flat black. Taking and cleaning the mats was not that bad and I painted/dyed them black. I replaced the reflectors, all lights, dyed the seats black and added a rubber mat to replace the old crusty wood boards.. Thanks for the compliments!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks