• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

NormB

I removed the tarp jumped in the seat, fired her up and drove to the restaurant.....no plates or registration, just a bumper number.....nobody bat an eye in this army town sure felt good......View attachment 688235View attachment 688235
That's how I drove mine home from the seller's lot: 42 miles of Beltway/interstate, passed two Maryland State Police cars (off to the side ticketing someone) en route. No plates, not registered to me, just a bill of sale. Son in his car behind me every inch of the way as sort of a "shield" from inquiring eyes. Got my plates a week later. Things like that I did at 16 (driving a car without a license for a couple of years as a kid in Florida) I don't often do at 60. But it sure gets the adrenalin and testosterone flowing, doesn't it?

85 USMC M998

That one's critical! That's your main connector to your PCB/EESS/S3 control box. You're at really high risk of that coming loose and causing damage to that box (notorious for getting killed just by unplugging/plugging in that connector with the vehicle off), which will be $300-600 to replace. I'd suggest deadlining the truck until you can replace the connector. Disconnect the negative battery terminal as a precaution before you mess with the connector any more. More details to follow...
Wire Fox is spot on. Get that connection replaced. You might want to try Ron at KASCAR.

FKAM

Not a unusual thing to do, but got the Airlift and Rhino on after a year collecting parts. I'm glad to finally get it on, I'm getting too old to be lifting 170 lbs of tire that high into the back. Still looking for the tie down/ tow loops, driver side winch mount and driver side fuel can mount.

DSC00667post.jpg

shawnshumvee

Installed a Sweet kill switch in the humvee (pics soon) other than that i have been trouble shooting a weird issue. At 35mph (and ONLY at 35mph) i get a shake. It seems to only shake the body not the steering wheel. it doesn't do it at 25, 30, or 40 only at 35. Has anyone else ever experience this? If i could get pointed in the right directional it would very helpful.

infidel got me

Installed a Sweet kill switch in the humvee (pics soon) other than that i have been trouble shooting a weird issue. At 35mph (and ONLY at 35mph) i get a shake. It seems to only shake the body not the steering wheel. it doesn't do it at 25, 30, or 40 only at 35. Has anyone else ever experience this? If i could get pointed in the right directional it would very helpful.
Sounds like a tire-- try to rotate them and see if it changes.

Another Ahab

Not a unusual thing to do, but got the Airlift and Rhino on after a year collecting parts. I'm glad to finally get it on, I'm getting too old to be lifting 170 lbs of tire that high into the back. Still looking for the tie down/ tow loops, driver side winch mount and driver side fuel can mount.
I hear you, Brother, you are nowhere near alone.

I guess I could take that weight up (maybe) to my knees.

But deadlift 170#'s to anywhere above my belt buckle?!

"Ain't" going to happen...

I need to start going back regular to the gym.
Maybe tomorrow. :naner::shrugs:

NormB

Safety wired a couple of 3/16" linch pins to the pioneer tool rack. I saw somewhere on Juan Prado's build that he had used different pins, so I ordered a set of these from amazon. Think they were about $4 and change delivered. Could've waited until I was in a tractor supply store, but just wanted to get this out of the way.

Then I installed sun visors. THAT was fun.

IMG_0368.jpg

DatGuyC

Swapped out the normal parking brake lever for one with a safety lever that you have to press to disengage it. Took a lot longer than expected to install and needed two people, don't know why they didn't just put riv-nuts into the body to make it 100x easier.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks